A doctors visit

I am going to have a physical for the first time in 7 years next tuesday. I am curious if anybody has any specifics I should ask the doctor or anything I should have him look for i.e. blood work. I am 25. and Just curious as to what most doctors over look.

Thanks

ChrisZ, glad to see that you are taking your health into your own hands. Most physicals I have had were pretty general- i.e, the doc only listens to lung sounds, takes weight, temp, and bp. As for bloodwork, I would recommend a total thyroid(T3,T4,TSH, etc), a blood lipid profile, a hepatic profile, and obviously the most important Testosterone levels (Free and total, SHBG, estradiol,etc.). If anybody in your family has diabetes, also shoot for a fasting blood glucose test, and a glucose response test (good info to know). If there is also cancer in your family, especially prostate, a PSA might also be a good thing to do. I hope this helps. -The Starkdog

turn your head and cough :slight_smile:

In my opinion, the most important part of the physical is a carefully gathered Medical History. Make sure you answer all questions, fully and honestly. With this million dollar workup, you probably should start with a CBC. FBS should suffice, and you will already be fasting for 12 hours for your Lipid Profile. PSA is not necessary before 40 years old. Prostatic CA is quite rare in men under the age of fifty.