T Nation

A Diet/Routine to Lose Some Weight

I know there are tons of diets going around, so I would like a really good one for me.. I am a male, im 15, 5" 4', body fat from 25 to 28 percent, 140 pounds, I would like a diet to lose some weight

Thank u!!

Is that really 25% bod fat?

If it is, you'll probably lose a lot of weight by cutting complex carbs (like bread, potatoes, rice, etc) out of your diet and eating tons of vegatables, meat, eggs, nuts, and milk.

Then, do a program like Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5, which does a lot of heavy lifts like Squats and deadlifts. You'll be amazed by how much this changes your body composition.

At 15 years old I wouldn't really worry about specific diets. Eat less candy, sugary foods and fast foods. If you're meals at home aren't very healthy, then talk to your parents about making a change. Then get out and play sports or just generally move.

1. Don't eat shit that you know is bad for you.

2. Do eat beef, fish, poultry, eggs, vegetables, potatoes, rice and fruit in whatever quantities you want. Don't drink juice, soda, or anything else with calories in it, except milk.

3. Play sports at every opportunity. Walk/run/move around more.

4. Pick a strength training routine. Any one that appeals to you...the specific one doesn't matter right now. Get in the weight room and get strong.

Don't make it more complicated than this. Enjoy your teenage years and best of luck.