A Diet for Strongman

Hey everyone, i’ve been training in strongman for about 6 months now, and i’ve been wanting to start a new diet to help with recovery, gains and all that jazz. I train powerlifting 3 days a week with 1 strongman day. I weigh 215 right now after a pretty shitty bulk, i’ve put on about ten pounds of fat with fifteen pounds of muscle. Here is what i’ve been doing for the past week or so:

6 a.m.- Wake up
6:30 a.m.- 4 eggs (w/ milk; scrambled), 3/4 cup fruit and nut granola, banana, multivitamin
9:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.- 20g whey protein, apple
11:30 a.m.- chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, mixed salad w/ ranch
2:30 p.m.- 20g whey protein, 1/2 cup almonds
4:30 p.m.- approx. 8 oz steak, small bowl of pasta w/sauce, vegetables
6 p.m.- Train
7-7:30 p.m.-2 scoops of 2:1:1 Recovery
9 p.m.- 20g whey protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1 cup milk

What do you guys think? am i getting enough protein/carbs/fat and what not for all of my strongman training?

How do we know what you’re doing is good if we don’t know your:

weight
bodyfat percentage
full schedule
physical and body composition goals

Even with the little info you did provide, your inquiry requires about 20 to 30 minutes of UNPAID work because we’d either have to manually (calculator and pen) figure out your dietary breakdown (kcal, P, C, F) or use nutrition software (eg, Fitday, Computrition, etc.).

[quote]GP7 wrote:

What do you guys think? am i getting enough protein/carbs/fat and what not for all of my strongman training?[/quote]

Let’s start from the beginning… are you doing well with your strong man training?

If yes: Continue diet as as
If no: let’s get into more detail about what’s wrong

Going out on a limb here since you created a thread asking for advice I’m going with “no” … so let’s hear it.

Easy boy, title says it all: “Strong Man”.

Since a good weight for a Strong Man, say, 6 feet tall, would be 260ish I believe we’re talking bulking here.
Of course you don’t have to resort to eating shit and gain a ton of fat but your diet is a bit too calorie-phobic IMHO. You need more calorie-dense foods for a proper Strong Man physique.

• No self-respecting muscle-head takes in protein servings of less than 50 grams. Double up!
  • Make your morning omelette bigger (cut out the milk btw, totally fucks up the texture), in the ballpark of 6-7 eggs.
  • Instead of chicken breast, have beef patties (ground or steak, whatever you can afford).
  • Toss in tablespoons of peanut or almond butter throughout the day.
    -I’m hoping you’re having at least a shot of fish oil a day? If not, start doing so.

Sorry about that. He did give his weight.

height 6’1" age 17 weight- 215
bodyfat- 17%

Squat-275lbs Deadlift-405lbs Bench-215lbs push press-205 (not very high, i know)
training schedule- monday-squat, tuesday- press day, thursday- deadlift, saturday-event day (consists of axle/log pressing, stones, farmers, yoke, and tire flipping) I try to alternate all the different days between speed and heavy days so i don’t overtrain. i haven’t been doing any cardio or major conditioning since i just got done bulking from 190. I’m relatively new to programming and stuff, so any advice would help too.

Goals- Id like to stay where i’m at with my weight because i’m right in between two weight classes (200 and 230) so i can cut or bulk when i feel it necessary. Im trying to work my way up to a 350 squat, 450 deadlift, 250 bench and a 250 push press.