A Diamond in the Rough?

[quote]Psfan wrote:
i have a lot of muscle underneath. my chest, legs, and calves are solid [/quote]

No, there not.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
Psfan wrote:
i have a lot of muscle underneath. my chest, legs, and calves are solid

No, there not.

[/quote]

why the fuck does everyone have to be an asshole? i am looking for some tips and pointers to lead me in the right direction and all you people can do is talk shit? wtf? I am looking for H E L P! understand?

Squats, deadlifts, pullups, bench press and shoulder press and not much else until the base is built. Good luck!

[quote]Psfan wrote:
GetTheHIT wrote:
Psfan wrote:

No, there not.

why the fuck does everyone have to be an asshole? i am looking for some tips and pointers to lead me in the right direction and all you people can do is talk shit? wtf? I am looking for H E L P! understand?[/quote]

Easy cheif, you posted below average physique pictures on a bodybuilding forum expecting a pat on the back. Congratulations on what ever progress you’ve made now keep at it for several more years and get back to us.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
Psfan wrote:
GetTheHIT wrote:
Psfan wrote:

No, there not.

why the fuck does everyone have to be an asshole? i am looking for some tips and pointers to lead me in the right direction and all you people can do is talk shit? wtf? I am looking for H E L P! understand?

Easy cheif, you posted below average physique pictures on a bodybuilding forum expecting a pat on the back. Congratulations on what ever progress you’ve made now keep at it for several more years and get back to us.

[/quote]

sorry man i was a lil pissed off earlier but naw im not lookin for a pat on the back or anything like that tellin me i look good and all that i am mainly interested in how you guys can help me out and stuff! and i have read articles on here but i am curious to know what yall think when you see what i look like specifically.

congrats on your success as of now eat super clean and do interval cardio work and the weight should come off

They already told you what you want to hear.

Gain muscle and lose fat.
How to do that? READ READ READ.
Then get yourself a program going that will help you achieve what you want.

I’m surprised that no one has said this: High rep moderate weight is not the best way to lose fat. Nor is long distance cardio. Since wading through the 2,000 plus extremely useful training and nutrition articles on this site can be a bit daunting, I’m going to suggest that you start here:

[quote]All Too Humean wrote:
I’m surprised that no one has said this: High rep moderate weight is not the best way to lose fat. Nor is long distance cardio. Since wading through the 2,000 plus extremely useful training and nutrition articles on this site can be a bit daunting, I’m going to suggest that you start here:

[/quote]

thanks man. thats the kinda stuff i am looking for.

Sounds like you HAVE heard what people think when they see what you look like…

4 sets of 8-10 of everything ?

that sounds like youre cycling through the cybex machines…not a good thing.

Lets hear more about your training, more specifics, and how are you progressing strength wise ?

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
4 sets of 8-10 of everything ?

that sounds like youre cycling through the cybex machines…not a good thing.

Lets hear more about your training, more specifics, and how are you progressing strength wise ? [/quote]

well i actually started strength training this week. Today i did back and i did 5 x 3-6 on seated cable rows, 5 x 3-6 on Lat pull down, 5 x 3-6 on t-bar row, 5 x 3-6 on dumbbell row, and 4 x 15 on barbell shrugs. then i did some abs and calves.
but if you guys wanna know my stats are bench - 225 1rm, squat - 315 1rm, and deadlift - 275 1rm. and before i started training i was bench - 175 1rm, squat - 225 1rm, deadlift - 205 1rm

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_article/refined_physique_transformation_1?id=1615561&pageNo=1

go to page 1, that’s the diet you should follow.

As far as programs to use, try searching for Destroying Fat by Christian Thibaudeau, Meltdown Training, or 10x3 for fat loss.

Good job so far man. Come back in several weeks or so and give an update.

[quote]dreads989 wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_article/refined_physique_transformation_1?id=1615561&pageNo=1

go to page 1, that’s the diet you should follow.

As far as programs to use, try searching for Destroying Fat by Christian Thibaudeau, Meltdown Training, or 10x3 for fat loss.

Good job so far man. Come back in several weeks or so and give an update.[/quote]

hey man i appreciate it! i actually just started doin cardio in the morning on an empty stomach along with High Intensity Interval Training so i plan on comin back and givin you guys an uptdate in about 6 months or so.

[quote]Psfan wrote:
GetTheHIT wrote:
Psfan wrote:

No, there not.

why the fuck does everyone have to be an asshole? i am looking for some tips and pointers to lead me in the right direction and all you people can do is talk shit? wtf? I am looking for H E L P! understand?[/quote]

Because there are a lot of assholes here.

I’m not sure what you’re looking for - but I can point you in the right direction with some article links for you to read.

But, in a nutshell - you need to be lifting hard and heavy 3 - 4 times a week and doing some cardio. You need to get your diet in order, and really figure out what your caloric needs are exactly…

You should be eating a high protein/moderate carb/moderate fat diet, which includes plenty of healthy fats, lean protein and low glycemic carbs. Someone like you would benefit from a fish oil supp, and a good blend of protein powder.

Read these articles. Come back and ask me any questions you may have after thoroughly reading these…

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article//7_habits_of_highly_effective_nutritional_programs

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article//the_secrets_to_body_transformation

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article//12_truths_about_bodybuilding_training

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article//how_to_design_a_damn_good_program_part_1

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article//how_to_design_a_damn_good_program_part_2

Don’t get too caught up in the cardio, that can fuck you over too. Almost everyone can get away with zero to very small amounts of cardio and still look good considering they lift balls to the wall and have a decent diet.

I for one actually like having muscle, so until I see the need to drop below 6% BF I will not incorporate cardio when it is so much easier just to change my diet.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Don’t get too caught up in the cardio, that can fuck you over too. Almost everyone can get away with zero to very small amounts of cardio and still look good considering they lift balls to the wall and have a decent diet.

I for one actually like having muscle, so until I see the need to drop below 6% BF I will not incorporate cardio when it is so much easier just to change my diet.[/quote]

2nd

Its a shit ton easier to just not eat that extra 500 calories then it is to get on the treadmill and do that cardio.

Most people should be able to get to a very decent bf with just heavy lifting and proper diet.

And your heart should get all the cardio workout it needs from lifting balls to the wall.

I disagree - at your weight, some cardio wouldn’t hurt.

Plus, I think eating the extra 500 calories and doing a little cardio would benefit muscle growth more…

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

. [/quote]

not to mention be healthier for you.

Take some time to read over the articles on here to get a better idea of how to train. Read over some threads in the T-Cell.

Read Berardi’s article on the “7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs”.

Give it time

Your avatar seems very misleading from the larger pics.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
SkyNett wrote:

not to mention be healthier for you.

Take some time to read over the articles on here to get a better idea of how to train. Read over some threads in the T-Cell.

Read Berardi’s article on the “7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs”.

Give it time

Your avatar seems very misleading from the larger pics.[/quote]

well the larger pics i wasnt really flexing anything (because i dont really have much visible muscle) but in my avatar i had just got done doing arms and was flexing. now i do have a shit ton of muscle but i also have a shit tone of fat! like you can definitely feel the muscle you just cant really see it to well…