T Nation

A Cool Vegas Story

So here’s the story.
For those who want the short version here it is:

At 2:30 AM at Planet Hollywood, my brother’s very fancy brand new Droid cell phone was ripped out of his hands. 12 hours later, we have it back, from the criminals…No thanks to the LVPD.

Longer version:

I haven’t seen City Center, so my brother took me there to make my annual donation to Las Vegas gaming. Luck wasn’t on my side, as it never is, but I manage a few Crown on the rocks while I am playing, as well as a big bottle of water.

So we are cruising back to the car, it’s hot as fuck, 103 degrees at 2:00 AM. I am sloshing with Crown and water, so I need to piss. We get to Planet Hollywood and I just need to unload. So we go in there to hit the head. The place is bumpin’. Intrigued, I want to stay and hang out, you know, check it out. My brother is filming me with his phone which is pissing me off because I hate that. He is a nerd so he can’t walk five feet with out looking at email or the pictures or the movies. We finally make are way just outside the casino where he just cannot resist one more look at the movie he just took…That’s when it went nuts…

He was looking at his phone when this piece of shit rips it strait out of his hands. Half drunk and running on instinct I turn immediately and started chasing this mealy, cock sucking, loser piece of shit through Planet Hollywood at top speed through the casino. Now, if you so much as give the hint that you’re going to take a penny more from a casino than you should, you are going to be surrounded by security. But apparently, if you are a low life piece of shit who just stole something, nobody gives a fuck, they just get out of the way.

So I am chasing this ass-lick through the casino we hit some ropes, he jumps over, I go through them. That’s all it took, I lost a couple of milliseconds. He got a couple more feet on me. He hit a junction in the mall area and that’s where I lost him. But he was wearing sneakers, I was wearing Birkenstocks. Before the ropes I was inches for tackling the cock sucking mother fucker.

After the adventure security caught up with my brother and I. I am pumping full of adrenaline, and give them an ear full whether they deserved it or not. We filed a report, explained everything apologized where we should have and finally went home.

So my brother files the police reports and does all the crap he is supposed to do to file an insurance claim.

Then he checks ‘Craig’s list’. There, an hour after it happened, the piece of shit posted it for sale.

I went to bed, he continued to research.

I get up this morning. My brother made contact but they seemed to get suspicious and cut him off. I am not from here so I used my cell and I began a dialog with these cock suckers. I finally talk to a girl, the apparent mule. I told her I wanted to buy the phone real bad, that I have been looking for one, etc. She tells me that her sister has had it a month but she wants to switch carriers. Bullshit since the phone was released literally 3 days ago and the manufacture date was 7/7/10. Obviously my brother had all the documentation as he just got it.

We arrange to meet at a casino…I don’t want to say which one, these people were good to us and I don’t want someone to read and think they can do shit there.

We get there early, we let security know what was happening, they were not happy about it, but they were tolerant. Naturally, being a piece of shit criminal, the mule bitch was late. We were nervous and were prepared to bolt at the fist sign of trouble, we did not know who we were dealing with. We brought the receipt and docs for the phone with us. The mule shows up and we meet her. She hands us the phone and we start looking at it, we pull it apart and find the IMEI number. It matches the receipt and the box. Security surrounds us at this point. We tell her, that they stole this phone from us 12 hours ago. She freaks out. We agreed in the end, if she walked away, we would to. We have the phone back.
You know why? Because LVPD refused to help us. We made them aware of the situation. We practically were handing them an apparent ring (as researched proved it was) snatch and sell. They would not even so much as even send an officer to maybe inquire. We did it all by our shelves. We beat the criminals we got the phone back, with pictures and all…

Vegas is never boring…

I’d like to say fuck you to the thieves and the police…We won.

GLORIOUS!

Props on getting it back.

[quote]pat wrote:
So here’s the story.
For those who want the short version here it is:

At 2:30 AM at Planet Hollywood, my brother’s very fancy brand new Droid cell phone was ripped out of his hands. 12 hours later, we have it back, from the criminals…No thanks to the LVPD.

Longer version:

I haven’t seen City Center, so my brother took me there to make my annual donation to Las Vegas gaming. Luck wasn’t on my side, as it never is, but I manage a few Crown on the rocks while I am playing, as well as a big bottle of water.

So we are cruising back to the car, it’s hot as fuck, 103 degrees at 2:00 AM. I am sloshing with Crown and water, so I need to piss. We get to Planet Hollywood and I just need to unload. So we go in there to hit the head. The place is bumpin’. Intrigued, I want to stay and hang out, you know, check it out. My brother is filming me with his phone which is pissing me off because I hate that. He is a nerd so he can’t walk five feet with out looking at email or the pictures or the movies. We finally make are way just outside the casino where he just cannot resist one more look at the movie he just took…That’s when it went nuts…

He was looking at his phone when this piece of shit rips it strait out of his hands. Half drunk and running on instinct I turn immediately and started chasing this mealy, cock sucking, loser piece of shit through Planet Hollywood at top speed through the casino. Now, if you so much as give the hint that you’re going to take a penny more from a casino than you should, you are going to be surrounded by security. But apparently, if you are a low life piece of shit who just stole something, nobody gives a fuck, they just get out of the way.

So I am chasing this ass-lick through the casino we hit some ropes, he jumps over, I go through them. That’s all it took, I lost a couple of milliseconds. He got a couple more feet on me. He hit a junction in the mall area and that’s where I lost him. But he was wearing sneakers, I was wearing Birkenstocks. Before the ropes I was inches for tackling the cock sucking mother fucker.

After the adventure security caught up with my brother and I. I am pumping full of adrenaline, and give them an ear full whether they deserved it or not. We filed a report, explained everything apologized where we should have and finally went home.

So my brother files the police reports and does all the crap he is supposed to do to file an insurance claim.

Then he checks ‘Craig’s list’. There, an hour after it happened, the piece of shit posted it for sale.

I went to bed, he continued to research.

I get up this morning. My brother made contact but they seemed to get suspicious and cut him off. I am not from here so I used my cell and I began a dialog with these cock suckers. I finally talk to a girl, the apparent mule. I told her I wanted to buy the phone real bad, that I have been looking for one, etc. She tells me that her sister has had it a month but she wants to switch carriers. Bullshit since the phone was released literally 3 days ago and the manufacture date was 7/7/10. Obviously my brother had all the documentation as he just got it.

We arrange to meet at a casino…I don’t want to say which one, these people were good to us and I don’t want someone to read and think they can do shit there.

We get there early, we let security know what was happening, they were not happy about it, but they were tolerant. Naturally, being a piece of shit criminal, the mule bitch was late. We were nervous and were prepared to bolt at the fist sign of trouble, we did not know who we were dealing with. We brought the receipt and docs for the phone with us. The mule shows up and we meet her. She hands us the phone and we start looking at it, we pull it apart and find the IMEI number. It matches the receipt and the box. Security surrounds us at this point. We tell her, that they stole this phone from us 12 hours ago. She freaks out. We agreed in the end, if she walked away, we would to. We have the phone back.
You know why? Because LVPD refused to help us. We made them aware of the situation. We practically were handing them an apparent ring (as researched proved it was) snatch and sell. They would not even so much as even send an officer to maybe inquire. We did it all by our shelves. We beat the criminals we got the phone back, with pictures and all…

Vegas is never boring…

I’d like to say fuck you to the thieves and the police…We won.[/quote]

who the fuck wears birkenstocks anymore? did you leave your crocs at home?

[quote]dshroy wrote:
who the fuck wears birkenstocks anymore? did you leave your crocs at home?[/quote]

I know they’re often associated with smug hippie types who attend spoken-word recitals, but Birkenstocks are the most comfortable footwear I’ve ever owned.

Crocs, on the other hand, are an abomination.

Glad you got the phone. You should have followed them and fucked their shit up, or at least smacked that bitch right in the face or something.

thats awesome! Good work… but I think the moral of the story is that the OP needs to work on his cardio/sprinting so that he could have caught the guy and smashed his face in the first place :slight_smile:

A republican who wears birkenstocks in 2010… this explains alot.

haha nice man!

A friend of mine had this story when he came back from Vegas.

He gets off the plane and checks in. Goes across the street to a casino and as he’s grabbing the handle he hears a poping sound followed by another. My friends been around guns all his life and he knows what that sound is so he backs up onto the sidewalk. Sure enough a few seconds later a dude with two red stains on the front of his shirt stumbles out and drops dead ten feet from my buddy.

Welcome to Las Vegas!

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
A friend of mine had this story when he came back from Vegas.

He gets off the plane and checks in. Goes across the street to a casino and as he’s grabbing the handle he hears a poping sound followed by another. My friends been around guns all his life and he knows what that sound is so he backs up onto the sidewalk. Sure enough a few seconds later a dude with two red stains on the front of his shirt stumbles out and drops dead ten feet from my buddy.

Welcome to Las Vegas!

[/quote]

better story is better

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
A friend of mine had this story when he came back from Vegas.

He gets off the plane and checks in. Goes across the street to a casino and as he’s grabbing the handle he hears a poping sound followed by another. My friends been around guns all his life and he knows what that sound is so he backs up onto the sidewalk. Sure enough a few seconds later a dude with two red stains on the front of his shirt stumbles out and drops dead ten feet from my buddy.

Welcome to Las Vegas!

[/quote]

better story is better

[/quote]

hahahaha talk about a one upper.

This is part two of my friends week in LV

Later in the week my friend decided to rent a car and cruise out to the desert for a look see. He drives out there and goes for a walk. He’s out there for a bit and then notices some jet fighters over the hills aways. This is when the Raptors were still a badly kept secret because he recognizes them and thinks to himself that’s pretty cool.

Anyway, he starts to wonder if he’s stumbled onto a firing range so he starts to head back. He’s almost to his car when he hears thump thump thump, sure enough a blackhawk helicopter lands between him and his rental car. Out pours the dudes in all the gear screaming at him to get down, stfu etc. They take him back to the base and throw him in a cell till he checks out, which he did. I do remember him mentioning that the folder they had on him was an inch thick, everything on him and his family going back three generations. It was all smiles at the end but for awhile he was shitting bricks lol.

The Air Force dudes said to my buddie that it happens quit often because people take the signs down./hi-jack.

[quote]dshroy wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:
So here’s the story.
For those who want the short version here it is:

At 2:30 AM at Planet Hollywood, my brother’s very fancy brand new Droid cell phone was ripped out of his hands. 12 hours later, we have it back, from the criminals…No thanks to the LVPD.

Longer version:

I haven’t seen City Center, so my brother took me there to make my annual donation to Las Vegas gaming. Luck wasn’t on my side, as it never is, but I manage a few Crown on the rocks while I am playing, as well as a big bottle of water.

So we are cruising back to the car, it’s hot as fuck, 103 degrees at 2:00 AM. I am sloshing with Crown and water, so I need to piss. We get to Planet Hollywood and I just need to unload. So we go in there to hit the head. The place is bumpin’. Intrigued, I want to stay and hang out, you know, check it out. My brother is filming me with his phone which is pissing me off because I hate that. He is a nerd so he can’t walk five feet with out looking at email or the pictures or the movies. We finally make are way just outside the casino where he just cannot resist one more look at the movie he just took…That’s when it went nuts…

He was looking at his phone when this piece of shit rips it strait out of his hands. Half drunk and running on instinct I turn immediately and started chasing this mealy, cock sucking, loser piece of shit through Planet Hollywood at top speed through the casino. Now, if you so much as give the hint that you’re going to take a penny more from a casino than you should, you are going to be surrounded by security. But apparently, if you are a low life piece of shit who just stole something, nobody gives a fuck, they just get out of the way.

So I am chasing this ass-lick through the casino we hit some ropes, he jumps over, I go through them. That’s all it took, I lost a couple of milliseconds. He got a couple more feet on me. He hit a junction in the mall area and that’s where I lost him. But he was wearing sneakers, I was wearing Birkenstocks. Before the ropes I was inches for tackling the cock sucking mother fucker.

After the adventure security caught up with my brother and I. I am pumping full of adrenaline, and give them an ear full whether they deserved it or not. We filed a report, explained everything apologized where we should have and finally went home.

So my brother files the police reports and does all the crap he is supposed to do to file an insurance claim.

Then he checks ‘Craig’s list’. There, an hour after it happened, the piece of shit posted it for sale.

I went to bed, he continued to research.

I get up this morning. My brother made contact but they seemed to get suspicious and cut him off. I am not from here so I used my cell and I began a dialog with these cock suckers. I finally talk to a girl, the apparent mule. I told her I wanted to buy the phone real bad, that I have been looking for one, etc. She tells me that her sister has had it a month but she wants to switch carriers. Bullshit since the phone was released literally 3 days ago and the manufacture date was 7/7/10. Obviously my brother had all the documentation as he just got it.

We arrange to meet at a casino…I don’t want to say which one, these people were good to us and I don’t want someone to read and think they can do shit there.

We get there early, we let security know what was happening, they were not happy about it, but they were tolerant. Naturally, being a piece of shit criminal, the mule bitch was late. We were nervous and were prepared to bolt at the fist sign of trouble, we did not know who we were dealing with. We brought the receipt and docs for the phone with us. The mule shows up and we meet her. She hands us the phone and we start looking at it, we pull it apart and find the IMEI number. It matches the receipt and the box. Security surrounds us at this point. We tell her, that they stole this phone from us 12 hours ago. She freaks out. We agreed in the end, if she walked away, we would to. We have the phone back.
You know why? Because LVPD refused to help us. We made them aware of the situation. We practically were handing them an apparent ring (as researched proved it was) snatch and sell. They would not even so much as even send an officer to maybe inquire. We did it all by our shelves. We beat the criminals we got the phone back, with pictures and all…

Vegas is never boring…

I’d like to say fuck you to the thieves and the police…We won.[/quote]

who the fuck wears birkenstocks anymore? did you leave your crocs at home?[/quote]

What are you the fasion police or something? Yes I wear birks and I love them, I don’t give a flying fuck if I am the only one. When this pair dies, I’ll get a new pair.

[quote]ulysses22023 wrote:

Yep, I am “…in bat country”. Good book, horrible movie.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
This is part two of my friends week in LV

Later in the week my friend decided to rent a car and cruise out to the desert for a look see. He drives out there and goes for a walk. He’s out there for a bit and then notices some jet fighters over the hills aways. This is when the Raptors were still a badly kept secret because he recognizes them and thinks to himself that’s pretty cool.

Anyway, he starts to wonder if he’s stumbled onto a firing range so he starts to head back. He’s almost to his car when he hears thump thump thump, sure enough a blackhawk helicopter lands between him and his rental car. Out pours the dudes in all the gear screaming at him to get down, stfu etc. They take him back to the base and throw him in a cell till he checks out, which he did. I do remember him mentioning that the folder they had on him was an inch thick, everything on him and his family going back three generations. It was all smiles at the end but for awhile he was shitting bricks lol.

The Air Force dudes said to my buddie that it happens quit often because people take the signs down./hi-jack.

[/quote]

Did your buddy bring enough underwear for the trip? Because I imagine he soiled a few…

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Glad you got the phone. You should have followed them and fucked their shit up, or at least smacked that bitch right in the face or something.
[/quote]

When I went to sleep, my brother researched. This racket has been going on for a while. This same seller has a long history of selling, smart phones, PSP’s, iPods, etc. What ever they can get their hands on. When we made the requisite police report, we let them know we had a line on the thieves and that they are running this racket and explained them the history that my brother dug up. Originally, they said that if we would meet up with them and could verify the phone, they’d send an officer to make the arrest. When we finally organized the rendezvous, we called them and told them we were going to meet them, they told us we were on our own and were not going to send an officer.

Just today, we saw an add on craig’s list of some one reporting a iPhone stolen in the same way close to the same place. Description of the guy was the exact same as the cocksucker whole stole my brother’s phone.

We had them by the balls, caught with stolen goods in hand, and nobody lifted a finger to help us, so we had to let the mule go.

As for going after them, no way. This is apparently a network and I don’t know who is involved. The is certainly no shortage of gang activity here. I am no hero, with out law enforcement assistance, I don’t think we’d come out better.

[quote]gregron wrote:
thats awesome! Good work… but I think the moral of the story is that the OP needs to work on his cardio/sprinting so that he could have caught the guy and smashed his face in the first place :)[/quote]

The OP was gaining on him, but the ropes fucked me up and when he hit split in the mall area, I could not tell where he went.
The OP was fairly well lit, wearing sandals, and obviously the piece of shit crook got a head start. The fact that I got as close as I did was pretty good. This was no short distance I tracked the piece of shit. Planet Hollywood is a pretty good sized casino and we ran all the way through it.

The fact that the OP does in fact work on sprinting and cardio. If it weren’t for that, I wouldn’t have gotten as far as I did. The amazing thing to me, is that we are bolting through a casino and not one bit of security in the whole casino area was any where near.

It’s probably a good thing I didn’t because I was in a rage and blood, not sense was on my mind. One of us would have likely been grievously hurt and in jail. As pissed as I was and as thin as he was, I think it would have been him… Pounding his face in to the marble floor repeatedly was the plan. Two more steps ahead and I could have. He made one good move, that’s all it took…I am pretty sure he wasn’t expecting to be chased.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
This is part two of my friends week in LV

Later in the week my friend decided to rent a car and cruise out to the desert for a look see. He drives out there and goes for a walk. He’s out there for a bit and then notices some jet fighters over the hills aways. This is when the Raptors were still a badly kept secret because he recognizes them and thinks to himself that’s pretty cool.

Anyway, he starts to wonder if he’s stumbled onto a firing range so he starts to head back. He’s almost to his car when he hears thump thump thump, sure enough a blackhawk helicopter lands between him and his rental car. Out pours the dudes in all the gear screaming at him to get down, stfu etc. They take him back to the base and throw him in a cell till he checks out, which he did. I do remember him mentioning that the folder they had on him was an inch thick, everything on him and his family going back three generations. It was all smiles at the end but for awhile he was shitting bricks lol.

The Air Force dudes said to my buddie that it happens quit often because people take the signs down./hi-jack.

[/quote]

Did he have any luck at the tables? He couldn’t have.

Was it here…
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Nellis+Afb&state=NV&address=4430+Grissom+Ave&zipcode=89191-6536&country=US&latitude=36.240975&longitude=-115.04176&geocode=ADDRESS