A Clever Trick for Abs

Anyone here love a Swiss-ball roll out? My too. I don’t have an ab-wheel or that slider floor thing…here’s my trick. I use the seat of a rowing machine as my “roll-out” tool. Kneel behind it, put your forearms on the seat and slide away! It may sound ridiculous, but it is amazing. Mine is very low to the ground, and when I’m set up just right, I really get prone out on that thing. Yes, it’s much more stable than an ab-roller but, trust me, if you’ve only been using a ball, it’s the next step to try! God speed.

Nice idea. It’ll freak out the gym rats no end lol

I bought an ab roller recently before I figured out I need to get strong enough to use it. I’m doing planks and swiss ball roll outs to gain the necessary strength atm.

Think I’ll give it a go with the rowing machine in a few weeks :slight_smile:

Good tip, I wouldn’t have thought of that.
I’m sort of getting a reputation for doing odd things in the gym (techniques that is) and I’ll often see folks doing those things later.
Not sure this one would go down to well in the machine area of my gym but it’s a hell of an idea.

zildjianman looks like a kick ass kit on your av. Can’t tell the brand. I have a Pearl Reference series. Well the ab things sounds great, will have to try that.

I built up with swiss-ball roll outs, hanging knee raise (a favorite), and heavy rope crunches…I’d love to get an ab wheel just to try it out, maybe I’ll just use an old rolling pin!

The drumset is a DW kit, a Terry Bozzio set from a few years back, Paiste cymbals…about 40 grand perhaps? Can you imagine?

Duke I know what you mean, I started doing front squats a while back, not very strange right? Hyper extensions holding a plate to my chest? Even some rotator rehab stuff…funny looks every time. Even from some of my doctors…

[quote]zildjianman wrote:
Duke I know what you mean, I started doing front squats a while back, not very strange right? Hyper extensions holding a plate to my chest? Even some rotator rehab stuff…funny looks every time. Even from some of my doctors…[/quote]

Yeah mate, I got a set of jump stretch bands and started using them, all sorts of stares and whispers, then 1 by 1 I started getting asked to lend them out, they’re all the rage now.

There are so many things I’ve learned on this site that I use in the gym, everyone else seems to just use the equipment for the obvious, whereas I always look for a new way to utilise it.

And to your point, what the heck is a jump stretch band? Is that the thing that you strap on and it’s hooked to the floor? Saw something like that on T.V…N.B.A. guys jumping off an un-stable board tethered to the ground?? Sounds like fun though!

[quote]zildjianman wrote:
And to your point, what the heck is a jump stretch band? Is that the thing that you strap on and it’s hooked to the floor? Saw something like that on T.V…N.B.A. guys jumping off an un-stable board tethered to the ground?? Sounds like fun though![/quote]

Jump stretch bands:
http://jumpstretch.com/osc/index.php

Thanks for that soldog, did I say it sounds like fun?..right, not to sure about that. But doing sprints down my street with some little parachute things hooked onto me…now that looks fun!