A Big Meal: How Much is Too Much?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Why would your body composition change based on meal frequency alone…as if how you train, how old you are, how fast your metabolism is, how quickly you gain muscle mass, how you ate all week, and several other factors aren’t an issue? You are trying to over-simplify an incredibly complex sequence of events. [/quote]

Not to come across as too stubborn but…

I was not asking whether meal frequency is the ONLY factor to be concerned with in regards to body composition.

I meant in ADDITION to the other variables such as training, age, metabolism, etc that affect body composition… does spreading out calories have an effect on body comp as well?

[quote]loctite_zexel wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Why would your body composition change based on meal frequency alone…as if how you train, how old you are, how fast your metabolism is, how quickly you gain muscle mass, how you ate all week, and several other factors aren’t an issue? You are trying to over-simplify an incredibly complex sequence of events.

Not to come across as too stubborn but…

I was not asking whether meal frequency is the ONLY factor to be concerned with in regards to body composition.

I meant in ADDITION to the other variables such as training, age, metabolism, etc that affect body composition… does spreading out calories have an effect on body comp as well?
[/quote]

The purpose of spreading out calories is to avoid huge spikes and lulls in insulin, to make sure you are eating food in rations that allow better absorption, and to simply keep your body fed with nutrients.

No one knows if “person A” would ALWAYS see the exact same results if they ate 2 meals instead of two because there are too many variables involved. For instance, If my goal is to take in over 300gr of protein a day, I seriously doubt my body will handle a 300gr load all at one time if I tried to only eat once a day. I don’t need a study to tell me that would be too much to ask of my digestive system. Chances are, I would see less in terms of gaining muscle if I ate that way.

You are asking for absolutes. This is biology. There are very few absolutes involved that are applied at all times aside from the fact that you will die one day.

:
Professor X wrote:

There are very few absolutes involved that are applied at all times aside from the fact that you will die one day.
[/quote]

Wouldn’t it be better to die a little each day than all at once? lol

You should add in 4 ounces (1 cup) of shelled walnuts per day. That would increase your caloric intake by 800 calories.

Eat 1 ounce with meals 2,3,4, and 5 respectively.

Walnuts have a very good EFA profile.

Actually, no.

[quote]Footsolider88 wrote:
:
Professor X wrote:

There are very few absolutes involved that are applied at all times aside from the fact that you will die one day.

[/quote]

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Actually, no.

Footsolider88 wrote:
:
Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

"each day i’m not with you, i die more inside. "

-hank williams III