A Beginner Trying to Get Bigger

[quote]Flight1 wrote:
Currently how I look[/quote]
I took the liberty of throwing them together again. If you want it down, let me know.

You’re absolutely on track right now and look to be in good shape, definitely not in need of a cut. Like the guys have said, cutting now will set you back a ton. Let’s say you cut for a month or two and drop 10 pounds of fat. You’d basically end up back where you were 8 months ago. Not cool.

Not trying to compare you to anyone else, but check this kid’s thread for some hopeful motivation:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/2_years_progress_4
He put his nose down, worked hard, and ate steadily for nearly two years and saw some serious progress.

I just looked back to your Page 1 here and saw where you were 55kg almost 2 years ago, so you havecome a long way so far. The only issue is that you’ve still got a ways to go. It’s the grind and the long-long term that can be a bummer, but that’s also where so much potential lies

I forget, have you laid out any real specific goals lately? Maybe putting a concrete target on the horizon might help re-focus things a bit, whether it’s '“weigh X in Y months” or “deadlift X and press Y in Z months”.

Kinda sorta. It’s sometimes called the bodyweight set point or the metabolic set point, and it takes longer than a week to adjust.

Sometimes, but not always. If strength drops rapidly, odds are it’s from dropping calories too much/too quickly or from switching to a drastically different training plan.