T Nation

A Balanced Chest?

Unfortunately, I suffer from the rare but serious disease LNS or Large Nipple Syndrome. I believe it goes hand in hand with having a stronger lower chest and decline bench and impossibly puny upper chest. How is this recified, preferable without steroids?

P.S. Surge? Any good?

Ok I googled “Large nipple syndrome” and that doesn’t exist, so I don’t know who gave you that diagnoses…

Also if this is actually a “rare but serious disease” I highly doubt strengthening your upper chest will do anything.

Sounds to me like you developed pubertal gyno, impossible to tell without pics though.

troll? maybe?

kill it.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
troll? maybe?

kill it.[/quote]

Wow, the OP is a beginner starting a thread in the beginner’s section. You might be a little quick on the troll call outs this time

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
troll? maybe?

kill it.[/quote]

A level 2 troll at the beginner’s section?

the LNS makes me suspicious…

Dude, check into the gyno thing. I got puffy nipples too, and a dominant lower chest. Try incline db presses and flies. I just added them to the end of my normal chest workout. It’s actually helping out, since I only did pressing work previously. But yeah seriously, look into the gyno thing. Or, maybe you just have really round, half dollar sized nipples. In which case, you’re just stuck with them.

Oh, I forgot, are you really fat? If so, try losing some. It might help. Don’t think I’m a dick for saying so, because I’m serious.

guys im pretty sure he was making a joke about the LNS, relax, you guys call troll more than a hobbit. OP, try using incline bench pressing and incline flies instead of flat or decline pressing if youre lacking in the upper chest development. chances are likely you need to lose some fat too.

my apologies.

Incline BB press with rest pause is very effective to building the upper chest in my experience. Incline DB press and fly can be included as well.

How would steroids help with the size of a nipple?

Did you really google LNS? Thats a shame.
On a side note, not too fat, Im about 10% at 183 or so. Its not really that bad but the lack of upper chest accentuates the issue. Also I do a fair bit of MMA and I have a habit of dropping my hands and punching from low down so I put two and two together and ofcourse it must be my lower chest. I wonder should one avoid flat, decline and dips altogether and do incline db and flys exclusively??

[quote]lironk wrote:
Did you really google LNS? Thats a shame.
On a side note, not too fat, Im about 10% at 183 or so. Its not really that bad but the lack of upper chest accentuates the issue. Also I do a fair bit of MMA and I have a habit of dropping my hands and punching from low down so I put two and two together and ofcourse it must be my lower chest. I wonder should one avoid flat, decline and dips altogether and do incline db and flys exclusively??[/quote]

Assuming it’s just a lagging upper chest, then I don’t think there’s any need to drop those exercises, just maintain them while bringing up the inclines until your LNS is gone.

Your hands are coming down because your arms or shoulders or both are tired. The upper chest is not incredibly involved in establishing good form, though it is involved in generating punching power.

Work your shoulder endurance to get those hands up. Also, being scrupulous about it during practice will go along way as well.

Pick the best boxer in your mma gym as your sparring partner. That will teach you to keep the hands up.