A 3 Day Split

I know, I know…effin newbs and their stupid routines, right? Well, although I’m still a newb (8 months in), I simply want some input on a routine I just made tonight. The last routine I finished was Waterburys TBT, I thought I had my next routine in line, but I tried it at the gym the other day and it successfully re-aggravated some injuries of mine so I had to switch things up…anyways, take a look, let me know what you think.
And on a side note, I think someone should make a sticky where newbs can throw all their routines, instead of new threads getting created everytime…

3 Day Split

Day 1- PULL
Chin Ups
BB Upright Row
Seated Row
BB Rear Delt Row
Cable Curls
Shrugs

Day 2- PUSH
Dips
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Close Grip Bench Press
Standing DB Shoulder Press

Day 3- LEGS
Full Squat
Seated Leg Curl
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Crunch
Weighted Side Bend

Reps, 4x6, except on Legs where it varies for different exercises. I’m assuming the first thing that jumped out at you is the amount of bench press exercises on the push day and the amount of rows on the pull…let me explain. The most important thing I was thinking with that is that they are all compound movements, so I’m not isolating one certain muscle, preventing over training. Secondly, they work the same muscle group but different target muscles, ie. Flat BP targets general chest, while Incline hits the upper chest harder. Anyway, I’m sure there can be some changes to it, but I plan on starting it Monday unless someone can tell me not too…thanks guys.

[quote]freedom21 wrote:

3 Day Split

Day 1- PULL
Chin Ups
BB Upright Row
Seated Row
BB Rear Delt Row
Cable Curls
Shrugs

Day 2- PUSH
Dips
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Close Grip Bench Press
Standing DB Shoulder Press

Day 3- LEGS
Full Squat
Seated Leg Curl
Standing Calf Raise
Seated Crunch
Weighted Side Bend

Reps, 4x6, except on Legs where it varies for different exercises. I’m assuming the first thing that jumped out at you is the amount of bench press exercises on the push day and the amount of rows on the pull…let me explain. The most important thing I was thinking with that is that they are all compound movements, so I’m not isolating one certain muscle, preventing over training. Secondly, they work the same muscle group but different target muscles, ie. Flat BP targets general chest, while Incline hits the upper chest harder. Anyway, I’m sure there can be some changes to it, but I plan on starting it Monday unless someone can tell me not too…thanks guys.[/quote]
You forgot to list the most important thing for anyone who wants to give a real answer : what are your goals and how often do you do your split ? If you train 3 days/week, you would be better off doing some variation of upper/lower or TBT

You should incorporate some DL variation on either pull or leg day (most people can’t really handle squat and DL on the same day though)

Cut the overall volume a little (e.g. you should do either dips or flat BB Bench)

There is no “upper” chest, incline puts less stress on the Pecs on favor of more stress on the Delts

3 days a week, goals are size and strength. Originally, I was thinking of doing a 3 day split with Chest/Back, Bi’s/Tri’s, Legs, instead of Push, Pull, Legs.