T Nation

A 2007 Terrorist Attack To Occur

According to Pat Robinson…

Pat Robertson: God told me of ‘mass killing’ in 2007
POSTED: January 2, 2007

VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) – Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a “mass killing” late in 2007.

“I’m not necessarily saying it’s going to be nuclear,” he said during his news-and-talk television show “The 700 Club” on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

“The Lord didn’t say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that.”

Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat.

God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election.

Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush’s 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. But the president’s Social Security initiative was stalled.

“I have a relatively good track record,” he said. “Sometimes I miss.”

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America’s coastline in 2006.

Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring’s heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robertson.predictions.ap/index.html

God told me it will rain in Seattle in 2007. He also told me that all of you people should send me money or else he will kill a kitten an hour until you cut me a check.

I am surprised he didn’t say it would happen because of gay marriage and declining moral values.

Its wackos like PR that give Christianity a bad name.

“Sometimes I miss…”?
How is that even possible? I thought he had the Gawdline installed? He needs to tell the big “G” that being omniscient is overrated if HE WHO IS I AM can’t even tell us where the bomb will be.

Anyway, it doesn’t take the Almighty to tell you that Muslims will try to kill people. That’s the easy part. The tough part is convincing American liberals that we really don’t deserve to get blown up.

“Perhaps by making her predictions vague and generalized, there is less chance of someone discovering she is a phony.” (paraphrased from memory)

-Bobby Bouche, “The Waterboy”

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
“Sometimes I miss…”?
How is that even possible? I thought he had the Gawdline installed? He needs to tell the big “G” that being omniscient is overrated if HE WHO IS I AM can’t even tell us where the bomb will be.

Anyway, it doesn’t take the Almighty to tell you that Muslims will try to kill people. That’s the easy part. The tough part is convincing American liberals that we really don’t deserve to get blown up.[/quote]

I think the American liberal point is more like:

You are less likely to be attacked by angry Muslims if you stop randomly bombing Muslim people…

Since the US plays no role WHATSOEVER in the invasion of Somalia by Ethopia it will come as a shock and surprise when the first Somali blows shit up in a major US city…

Ah, I`m just fucking around with you, they hate you for your freedom.

[quote]orion wrote:
Cunnivore wrote:
“Sometimes I miss…”?

Anyway, it doesn’t take the Almighty to tell you that Muslims will try to kill people. That’s the easy part. The tough part is convincing American liberals that we really don’t deserve to get blown up.

I think the American liberal point is more like:

You are less likely to be attacked by angry Muslims if you stop randomly bombing Muslim people…

Since the US plays no role WHATSOEVER in the invasion of Somalia by Ethopia it will come as a shock and surprise when the first Somali blows shit up in a major US city…

Ah, I`m just fucking around with you, they hate you for your freedom.[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

It’s not that we deserve it, it’s that we (somewhat) caused it.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Quoted for truth.

It’s not that we deserve it, it’s that we (somewhat) caused it. [/quote]

And any fool that believes that the murderous, manic Islamist ideology is dependent on what other people do will enjoy a slow suicide. That mindset implies that something we can do will help mitigate the ideology - absolute nonsense.

Islamists do what they do completely independent of what anyone else thinks or does. And it plays into their hands when we allow them to capitalize on our self-loathing, so popular among those that peddle the soft Marxism.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
orion wrote:

Quoted for truth.

It’s not that we deserve it, it’s that we (somewhat) caused it. [/quote]

What’s this “we” business?

By that logic, then did all muslims (somewhat) kill thousands of U.S. citizens on 9-11? Do they all (somewhat) deserve to get bombed to hell? Should I (somewhat) set fire to the local mosque?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but for myself, I’ll go ahead and answer “no” to all of the above. But I do appreciate you guys going the extra mile to make my point for me.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Quoted for truth.

And any fool that believes that the murderous, manic Islamist ideology is dependent on what other people do will enjoy a slow suicide. That mindset implies that something we can do will help mitigate the ideology - absolute nonsense.

Islamists do what they do completely independent of what anyone else thinks or does. And it plays into their hands when we allow them to capitalize on our self-loathing, so popular among those that peddle the soft Marxism.[/quote]

If you truly feel that “Islamists” are beyond reacting to rather strong incentives (like half of their family being killed) you think they are beyond (or beneath) being human…

And yet they eat, drink, fuck and die…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Its wackos like PR that give Christianity a bad name.

[/quote]

True.

I think that Pat is confusing God with a phone call from Dub-ya, “wink, wink”

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
orion wrote:

Quoted for truth.

What’s this “we” business?

By that logic, then did all muslims (somewhat) kill thousands of U.S. citizens on 9-11? Do they all (somewhat) deserve to get bombed to hell? Should I (somewhat) set fire to the local mosque?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but for myself, I’ll go ahead and answer “no” to all of the above. But I do appreciate you guys going the extra mile to make my point for me. [/quote]

You realize that you, as an American voter and tax payer have much more responsibility for your governments actions since 9-11 than the average Muslim had for 9-11?

Because otherwise the Democracy you try to spread in in the Middle East is a farce, right?

Is that the extra mile I went for you?

[quote]orion wrote:

You realize that you, as an American voter and tax payer have much more responsibility for your governments actions since 9-11 than the average Muslim had for 9-11?
…[/quote]

You mean overthrowing a dictator and the repressive Taliban?

You mean risking the lives of our sons and daughters to try to bring democracy and freedom to repressed people?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

You mean overthrowing a dictator and the repressive Taliban?

You mean risking the lives of our sons and daughters to try to bring democracy and freedom to repressed people?

[/quote]

That too, yes…

Everybody that wants to lead you to war must have at least a decent story…

On the one hand that is quite a lot, on the other not enough by far…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

Oh, you mean liberating people by bombing them by the thousands?

Similar to how we’ve spread freedom in the middle east over the last fifty years by meddling in their own affairs?

I think if I had Arab Muslims “liberating” me and my family over the last fifty years I’d be tempted to take a knife to that “liberators” throat as well.

Dustin

[quote]

I can’t speak for anyone else, but for myself, I’ll go ahead and answer “no” to all of the above. But I do appreciate you guys going the extra mile to make my point for me.

Because otherwise the Democracy you try to spread in in the Middle East is a farce, right?

Is that the extra mile I went for you?[/quote]

Well, just how much responsibility do I, as an American voter and taxpayer bear for my government’s actions? Does my nationality make me culpable for the sins, excesses, and mistakes of anyone and everyone elected to office in my nation? How about everyone who is the same color as me? Or everyone who wears the same glasses as I do?

The same goes for your accusations about “me” trying to spread democracy in the middle east, which presumes that I’m old enough to vote, and that I voted for the people you want to think I did. If those presumptions are not true, do I deserve to be killed by pissed off muslims MORE or LESS than if they are true? What if I voted Democrat all my life, and my father was STILL crushed by a million tons of steel and concrete as one of the trade towers fell on him, would that justify me murdering random muslims in the street, or would I only have permission to stab guys named Atta?

I give up, all this guilt and responsibility is too much for me - bring on the dictatorship!

Yes, Even the terrorists are human beings.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:

Is that the extra mile I went for you?

Well, just how much responsibility do I, as an American voter and taxpayer bear for my government’s actions? Does my nationality make me culpable for the sins, excesses, and mistakes of anyone and everyone elected to office in my nation? How about everyone who is the same color as me? Or everyone who wears the same glasses as I do?

The same goes for your accusations about “me” trying to spread democracy in the middle east, which presumes that I’m old enough to vote, and that I voted for the people you want to think I did. If those presumptions are not true, do I deserve to be killed by pissed off muslims MORE or LESS than if they are true? What if I voted Democrat all my life, and my father was STILL crushed by a million tons of steel and concrete as one of the trade towers fell on him, would that justify me murdering random muslims in the street, or would I only have permission to stab guys named Atta?

I give up, all this guilt and responsibility is too much for me - bring on the dictatorship![/quote]

What I am really saying is this:

If those people believed the same stories you told yourselves, who should they bomb if not your ass?