99% of People in Gyms are Wasting Their Time

what makes you think that because you lift heavy weight and your hood is up, that you can talk to people like that?

eh?

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
While I’m all for intensity and such, you are at a commercial gym where there are plenty of “average” citizens using the place half-heartedly at best. You should come to expect this, should you decide to use that gym. If you don’t like it, train elsewhere or at home. As for the trainer, yeah, he was a cockknuckle, but you became an even bigger one yelling out the way you did. You’re on a fucking machine. Minimal danger with that. Better ways to handle the entire situation. [/quote]

Good point. I assume the OP is using a commercial gym because it is convenient and cheaper; the same reason all of the other “less serious” people are there.

It’s like complaining about the quality of service and the customer base at McDonald’s. You may be dead on with your assessments, but you still come off like an asshole.

[quote]Hitkiller wrote:
I’m 5’7 go between 230 and 240, 10-12%…[/quote]

POIDH

[quote]Big Banana wrote:
99% of people on internet do not know the difference between there and their. [/quote]

99%?

Statistically, most people are fairly inaccurate when they quote statistics.

lol

I like when the weight/height/body fat comes in as a defense.

Since I’m 6 feet tall and about 255lbs at about 15% body fat do I get to tell guys that are an inch shorter but 5 lbs heavier what to do?
What if they’re an inch taller but have 20% body fat…can I tell them what to do?

We need some chart or something.

[quote]Nards wrote:

Since I’m 6 feet tall and about 255lbs at about 15% body fat do I get to tell guys that are an inch shorter but 5 lbs heavier what to do?
What if they’re an inch taller but have 20% body fat…can I tell them what to do?

We need some chart or something.[/quote]

hahahahahahahahahaha… awesome

[quote]Alffi wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Yeah…it should take more than that to break out the C word.

I’d save that one for Eva Braun or Ann Coulter or some woman that beats her kids.[/quote]
I think he’s british or australian so it was not too different from addressing them as ‘lady’ or ‘sir’.

Seriously though, there have been threads like this. Those people may never be muscular but at least they’re doing something to keep fit. [/quote]

Not all english people are like that, maybe if the op works on a building site. Australian is another matter, cunt is there mate! Lol

[quote]Nards wrote:

We are the same size, but I carry a bit more fat than you.

So should we start comparing lift numbers?

I’m just as confused as you.

[quote]Hitkiller wrote:
Obviously a lot of people here dont know how it feels to be under a lot of weight, where not only was I trying to conentrate on what I was doing for the set to be productive as possible but also for safety values and I have no patience or decency for someone coming up and attempting to distract me given the danger of a potential serious injury. [/quote]

Periods, they’re their there your friends.

I agree, there’s no point in being rude to people especially at a place you go several times a week. A few weeks ago a fellow patron reported me to the staff for using chalk. A staff member then approached me and told me to clean up my chalk (I don’t leave a mess and they’re cool with the chalk just spoke to me basically to keep the guy happy). The complaining patron then came up to me and told me I would ruin my forearm flexors if I kept deadlifting without straps and how it bugs him when people use chalk since it “gets on everything.” I politely responded to him and said I would look into what he was saying and went back to my workout.

Now I could’ve gotten all belligerent on his ass and caused further problems for myself since using chalk is technically against the rules and he could’ve easily pushed the issue further with the staff. Instead I was polite and continue to use chalk in front of him and haven’t had a complaint since.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

I’m just as confused as you.[/quote]

Indeed, since we’re talking gym stuff then we should use lifts as the final judgment.

I lift 300lbs 10 times.

I will defer to you if you do it 11 times.

So long as your range of motion is greater than mine. If it isn’t then technically you defer to me.

[quote]Hitkiller wrote:

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:
While I’m all for intensity and such, you are at a commercial gym where there are plenty of “average” citizens using the place half-heartedly at best. You should come to expect this, should you decide to use that gym. If you don’t like it, train elsewhere or at home. As for the trainer, yeah, he was a cockknuckle, but you became an even bigger one yelling out the way you did. You’re on a fucking machine. Minimal danger with that. Better ways to handle the entire situation. [/quote]

Minimal danger? I’m not going to get into numbers here coz thats just gonna start a whole other fucking argument but if you have ever been on a plate loaded leg press machine with a lot of weight to push, then maybe you’ll understand, but thats not gonna happen.[/quote]

Look here, lil guy. First of all, IT’S A FUCKING LEG PRESS MACHINE!!! If you can’t control that bitch, regardless of the weight that is on it, your ass shouldn’t be fucking with it in the first damn place. You can spout your numbers all you want, you still come off as a very self-important cock-knuckle, at best. Keep your ass at home if you can’t stand the average joe at the gym YOU CHOSE TO JOIN!!!

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

Indeed, since we’re talking gym stuff then we should use lifts as the final judgment.

I lift 300lbs 10 times.

So long as your range of motion is greater than mine. If it isn’t then technically you defer to me.[/quote]

Well if we are talking pressing, you win. But pulling or squatting I have you beat.

lol

I’ve trained in quite a few commercial gyms. I’ve never had anything like this happen to me.

Maybe I’m just lucky.

I find that-

The bigger someone is, the less people will approach them in the gym.

The better someone’s training is, the less people will intervene and ask you how many sets you have left. if you’re chilling at a machine, and your ROM is to the point where your leg press looks like another’s calf extension, yea you’re going to get approached about using that machine.

if youre story is correct, then im assuming since a trainer talked to you “While you were lifting,” that you were either lifting a minuscule amount of weight, have a ridiculously small amount of ROM, or had no appearance of strain.

Either way, mouthing off to someone for asking how much longer you have on a machine (Aside from proving that you appeared to be wasting the machine yourself) comes off as very prickish/childish. you seem to be one of those guys that very recently started lifting; you think your weight is weight that people havent lifted before, you’re ridiculously strong for your weight, or you’re something special/important and are training for the big times.

Lesson #1 of training is leave the ego at home.

Thank god for my gym, where people actually look like bodybuilders, you can scream and slam as loud as you want, and no one gives a shit.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

I lift 300lbs 10 times.

So long as your range of motion is greater than mine. If it isn’t then technically you defer to me.[/quote]

Well if we are talking pressing, you win. But pulling or squatting I have you beat.

lol[/quote]

I thought he was talking dumbbell curls.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
I find that-

The bigger someone is, the less people will approach them in the gym.

The better someone’s training is, the less people will intervene and ask you how many sets you have left. if you’re chilling at a machine, and your ROM is to the point where your leg press looks like another’s calf extension, yea you’re going to get approached about using that machine.

if youre story is correct, then im assuming since a trainer talked to you “While you were lifting,” that you were either lifting a minuscule amount of weight, have a ridiculously small amount of ROM, or had no appearance of strain.

Either way, mouthing off to someone for asking how much longer you have on a machine (Aside from proving that you appeared to be wasting the machine yourself) comes off as very prickish/childish. you seem to be one of those guys that very recently started lifting; you think your weight is weight that people havent lifted before, you’re ridiculously strong for your weight, or you’re something special/important and are training for the big times.

Lesson #1 of training is leave the ego at home. [/quote]

Poetry right there man.

da leg press

Yep it takes all my concentration to get the leg press machine to stop in its one plain of motion. Even with the safety locks.

Nothing better then reading posts by self important jackasses for an LOL in the morning.

Thanks OP