970x3 Raw Squat

Good shit. Malan gets all the love but Gagin’s squat strength is up there as well I think. Not 440 but not that far off.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Good shit. Malan gets all the love but Gagin’s squat strength is up there as well I think. Not 440 but not that far off.[/quote]
My personal favorite is still Ray Williams.

940lb/427kg [b]no knee wraps[/b]:

When I searched Ray Williams this is what I got. Found it funny.

That’s insane. His raw strength is just fucking insane. And to me, it looks like his gets less than 50 pounds of his squat suit, which is just plain wrong.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
That’s insane. His raw strength is just fucking insane. And to me, it looks like his gets less than 50 pounds of his squat suit, which is just plain wrong.[/quote]
Yep; when Malanichev competes single ply he really isn’t getting a huge boost at all.

I can’t wait until his meet in 3 weeks or whatever it is. He’ll hit well over 1000 raw. When someone asks me “has anyone ever squatted 1000 raw?” I’ll finally just be able to say “yes” rather than get into a 15 minute discussion about Rob Wilkerson and how powerlifting works.

It looks funny on the first Ray Williams squat, at the end they go to help him rack the weights, and the bar tips up, almost sidways. I’m sure they’re not fake weights, but it looks pretty funny, lik a SNL skit or somthing. This thread makes me feel weak

Wow he make it look easy, no one could ever question him on depth either. What a beast!

I find it insane how fast he gets out of the whole so quickly with that amount fucking awesome.

There is no way I would be doing a triple outside of a rack. Something blows and everyone gets hurt. Ya, ya, ya, I am aware of how a meet works; seen one on T.V.

^ Was just about to comment on that. These fucking Russians have testicles of steel.

Came in suspecting questionable depth…could not have been more surprised. Will need a few minutes to recover from my mind being blown.

That is just too epic. Guy is a fucking animal.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:
There is no way I would be doing a triple outside of a rack. Something blows and everyone gets hurt. Ya, ya, ya, I am aware of how a meet works; seen one on T.V.[/quote]

Extra motivation not to screw up :slight_smile:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:
There is no way I would be doing a triple outside of a rack. Something blows and everyone gets hurt. Ya, ya, ya, I am aware of how a meet works; seen one on T.V.[/quote]

Extra motivation not to screw up :)[/quote]

Ah yes; fear is a great motivator.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
That’s insane. His raw strength is just fucking insane. And to me, it looks like his gets less than 50 pounds of his squat suit, which is just plain wrong.[/quote]

Wait, what? you mean gear doesn’t add 500# to ones squat? how can that be? lmao.

geared or not, that is a great squat no matter how you slice it.

Yup in general the biggest squats I’ve seen are from Russian’s. Or Russian,Canadians, they are fearless when it comes to lifting. Laugh at taking time off unless your dying.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

Wait, what? you mean gear doesn’t add 500# to ones squat? how can that be? lmao.

geared or not, that is a great squat no matter how you slice it. [/quote]

single ply walked out…is a little different to multiply in a monolift…

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
Wow he make it look easy, no one could ever question him on depth either. What a beast![/quote]

This is the internet, and I’ve already seen someone question his depth, no joke.

[quote]Paul33 wrote:

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

geared or not, that is a great squat no matter how you slice it. [/quote]

single ply walked out…is a little different to multiply in a monolift…[/quote]

The only difference is that the single-ply stretches out faster. Splitting hairs between the carryover from multi vs carryover from single is a joke nowadays

I used to consider Benedikt Magnusson’s 1015 deadlift as the best lift, but this is just unreal. Amazing strength. He’s even a relatively smaller guy. Unbelievable. Amazing lifts.

[quote]behexen wrote:
I used to consider Benedikt Magnusson’s 1015 deadlift as the best lift, but this is just unreal. Amazing strength. He’s even a relatively smaller guy. Unbelievable. Amazing lifts.[/quote]

Struck me too that he didn’t look as hooge as some of the guys. Not saying he is small or anything just not the mammoth I expected. Must have some insanely well placed tendon and ligament insertions.