93lb Girl Attempts to Break Record

Thanks to a lingering back injury I had to back out of the AAU national PL meet this
past weekend thanks to pushing myself too hard; and i think a bit of
“awesomeness” as well.

thankfully my girl kat was able to step in and take my spot. 2mo
ago she did her first meet and got a 445 total (135, 95, 215). and
with a weeks notice she was able to step up and do a push/pull with
very little training between her first and this meet.
her bench suffered due to the small amount of bench training; but her
deadlift went up 15lbs from 215 to 230 ( yes that’s 2.5x her body
weight guys)
after her last deadlift attempt we asked what the record was; it was
248lbs…so she was green lighted for a 4th record breaking attempt at
250lbs.

as you can see by the video link i have; the weight took a bit to
break the ground…but then moved up nice to about 2-3" away from
lockout.
230 pull

250 attempt

So next time you don’t make a lift, ask yourself if you are working as
hard as the rest of the world? Because this 93lb girl is inches away
from breaking a record.

sorry that the vids are not the best quality. taken from phone whilst screaming at her lol.

Good stuff, it looks like you have her hooked.

Now too bad she couldn’t get a real man that doesn’t pussy out of meets. :slight_smile:

yeah she’s totally hooked.

it was hard going and only watching. :-/

oh well…i’m gonna get myself 1,000% healed this time around. maybe 6mo off…

That’s awesome. I didn’t realize any adults actually competed in that weight class.

Since we’re telling sappy girlfriend lifting stories here, mine set new bench and deadlift PR’s in a full meet this weekend with a sprained ankle.

i’d totally hit it.

figurativly speaking, of course

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Since we’re telling sappy girlfriend lifting stories here, mine set new bench and deadlift PR’s in a full meet this weekend with a sprained ankle.[/quote]

lol

that’s awesome man

what were her numbers?

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
That’s awesome. I didn’t realize any adults actually competed in that weight class.[/quote]

yeah she’s pretty short and petite.

not all female powerlifters look like people think they look.

she’s a “sleeper”

[quote]B rocK wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:
That’s awesome. I didn’t realize any adults actually competed in that weight class.

she’s a “sleeper”[/quote]

What do people think we look like?

Ouroboro
PMPM
Buckeye Girl
Firebug
Myself

(I know I’m missing others, but this is who came to mind right away)

Judging from my family and Kat’s family; they think that female powerlifters should look like a small refrigerator.

Or a bit ‘thicker’ then most.

But from what I’ve seen here (some on your list too) that isn’t the case.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
Since we’re telling sappy girlfriend lifting stories here, mine set new bench and deadlift PR’s in a full meet this weekend with a sprained ankle.

lol

that’s awesome man

what were her numbers?[/quote]

After missing my second and third on squat, I decided to be conservative on bench and deadlift. Bench was 145 for an easy 10 pound meet PR, and I pulled 260. Not too bad considering I was thisclose to skipping it because of my ankle.

I figured out a few things I need to fix with my training and should be looking at some big numbers in the fall/winter.

B rocK wrote:
Stronghold wrote:

lol

that’s awesome man

what were her numbers?

After missing my second and third on squat, I decided to be conservative on bench and deadlift. Bench was 145 for an easy 10 pound meet PR, and I pulled 260. Not too bad considering I was thisclose to skipping it because of my ankle.

I figured out a few things I need to fix with my training and should be looking at some big numbers in the fall/winter.[/quote]

Good work Buckeye.

I didn’t know you and stronghold were an item.
awww :wink:

How is the ankle now?

[quote]B rocK wrote:
buckeye girl wrote:

she’s a “sleeper”[/quote]

From what I’ve seen at the 8-10 meets I’ve done/watched, the average amateur female powerlifter is between 114 and 148. She looks athletic. She moves more weight than your typical gym douche, but doesn’t look any different from your typical fit, healthy woman.

I don’t know what the fuck “thicker than most” is supposed to mean. But I find it quite offensive that anyone would suggest that we all look like little refrigerators just because we lift more weight than the average person.

Either way, 93 pounds isn’t petite, its malnourished. Get that girl a steak!

B - Your girl is a pocket rocket. Very strong.

I was one of the side judges in those videos.

Rick

EDIT: Correction. I was one of the side judges in the second video.

[quote]RickComito wrote:
B - Your girl is a pocket rocket. Very strong.

I was one of the side judges in those videos.

Rick[/quote]

Thanks Rick! Glad to see more Mass-people on T-Nation!

She’s already planning to do another full meet and break that 248lb deadlift record. I can’t wait to see it!

From what I’ve seen at the 8-10 meets I’ve done/watched, the average amateur female powerlifter is between 114 and 148. She looks athletic. She moves more weight than your typical gym douche, but doesn’t look any different from your typical fit, healthy woman.
[/quote]
That’s what I’ve noticed too.

such a foul mouth. tisk tisk. Hopefully you read things carefully and saw that it wasn’t myself that thinks that. It was people in our family who have no experience with diet, nutrition, lifting let alone powerlifting.

[quote]
Either way, 93 pounds isn’t petite, its malnourished. Get that girl a steak![/quote]

She is usually around 100lbs. It was the 98lb weight class, and she didn’t want to have to puke/poop in order to loose weight so she did a low carb / no sodium diet for about a week and lose a bunch of water weight.

That was fucking awesome effort.

for all you guys that have gfs that lift. did you guys get them into it or did they naturally just like it before you met them?

wow, she’s a tiny little thing. Good job

And fwiw, I used to go to Bryant

[quote]crod266 wrote:
for all you guys that have gfs that lift. did you guys get them into it or did they naturally just like it before you met them?[/quote]

my girl first saw me working at my gym. but back then she only did cardio and crunches.

when we started dating, she wanted to spend lots of time with me (natch) and i lifted on the weekends…so she came in and did some deads, OHP, squats etc…and got hooked.