T Nation

93 Year Old Bodybuilder

Here’s the link… http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201210/93-year-old-bodybuilder-medical-marvel

I’m more curious about one quote from the article.

“At a recent competition he did 57 dips, 61-chin-ups and even pulled off 48 abdominal crunches in 45 seconds.”

How is that even possible?? Does that mean he did each of those different exercises in 45 second intervals? Still, numbers sound ridiculous.

Hes a 93 year old bodybuilder…clearly a vampire.

Your rules dont apply to him

That’s awesome. If I saw him at the gym, I’d would never have guessed he was close to a century old. Great sense of humor, too.

“The idea is to turn the heads of the sexy 70 year old girls on the beach.”

(^=^)

Terrific.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Hes a 93 year old bodybuilder…clearly a vampire.

Your rules dont apply to him[/quote]

Then you must be his son…

good stuff but that pink tie is a bit how ya going.

[quote]Eugster said that bodybuilding at an older age is like exchanging an old car for a new one. The better shape the car is in, the easier it will be to trade it in.

“If you have taken care of your old car, it won’t cost you so much,” Eugster said. “But if you have neglected your car, it’s going to cost you a lot.”[/quote]

pretty cool stuff.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
Here’s the link… http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201210/93-year-old-bodybuilder-medical-marvel

“At a recent competition he did 57 dips, 61-chin-ups and even pulled off 48 abdominal crunches in 45 seconds.”

How is that even possible?? Does that mean he did each of those different exercises in 45 second intervals? Still, numbers sound ridiculous.[/quote]

He did the crunches in 45 seconds.

[quote]Johnny T Frisk wrote:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

How is that even possible?? Does that mean he did each of those different exercises in 45 second intervals? Still, numbers sound ridiculous.[/quote]

He did the crunches in 45 seconds.
[/quote]

Oh, now I get it. Haha

5,000 year old bodybuilder

“I don’t know what happened? After high school I got a job and a wife and got fat. Now I’m 28 and need to do something. I want to go to the gym and lift weights, but I’m afraid. Is it too late for me to make any progress?”

–I.M.A. Pussy

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

That is an example of poor writing. What the writer meant to say (I’m guessing) is that he can do 57 dips, 61 chin-ups, and he can even do 48 crunches in :45.

Hey 48 crunches in :45 seconds is darn good for a guy that age, or really for most people.

Well, I want to be able to lift all of my life. So if I make it to 93, I hope I can still lift.

Get that man some anadrol…might as well go all the way :slight_smile: He could be a 93 year old, 250 lb body builder.

While the pink tie is definitely not my taste… I’m quite impressed by his fashion. It works for him, especially with the pocket square and that particular shade of navy suit.

/metrosexual admiration

no way that guy can do those dips or chinups

[quote]critietaeta wrote:
no way that guy can do those dips or chinups[/quote]

Hater.

Good on you, old chap! :slight_smile:

Given the fact that most people are dead, or sitting in a chair drooling, before they hit 93 years of age I’d say this guy is pretty amazing.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Stud[/quote]

Seriously. Who would have ever guessed this man was nearly a century old.

Fantastic.