T Nation

915 with Snatch, Clean & Jerk?

Hi CT, thanks again for the help...

I was wondering what you would think of adjusting the 915 program to incorporate snatch and full clean & jerk? My thoughts would be that the 4 core exercises would be snatch, C&J, deadlift and squat. ideally i want to do a cycle of 915 for all its benefits but continue to work on the strength of my oly lifts.

thanks

[quote]prohan wrote:
Hi CT, thanks again for the help…

I was wondering what you would think of adjusting the 915 program to incorporate snatch and full clean & jerk? My thoughts would be that the 4 core exercises would be snatch, C&J, deadlift and squat. ideally i want to do a cycle of 915 for all its benefits but continue to work on the strength of my oly lifts.

thanks[/quote]

It wont work. First 5 reps at 80%+ is not a good idea on snatches, let alone clean & jerks. And the quick lifts don’t have the same progression speed as strength lifts because they are more dependant on speed and technique.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]prohan wrote:
Hi CT, thanks again for the help…

thanks[/quote]

It wont work. First 5 reps at 80%+ is not a good idea on snatches, let alone clean & jerks. And the quick lifts don’t have the same progression speed as strength lifts because they are more dependant on speed and technique.[/quote]

thanks CT. would you consider using the 915 progression for deadlift and squat and then seperately work on the oly lifts? alternatively could you suggest a program that incoporates oly lifts that is designed for gaining size and weight?

many thanks

[quote]prohan wrote:thanks CT. would you consider using the 915 progression for deadlift and squat and then seperately work on the oly lifts? alternatively could you suggest a program that incoporates oly lifts that is designed for gaining size and weight?

many thanks[/quote]

Yeah it would be best to use a different progression model for both.

As for the program, I might write an article about it in the future but not in this forum. The thing with the Olympic lifts is that I’m not fond of posting a program online because people vary widely in their skills. Some master the full lifts and can do all the variations; others can do the “power from the hang” variations reasonably well but that’s it. So it’s hard to design a program with that in mind.

Thanks CT, appreciate the input