T Nation

915 Program

@ CT - Would it be ok to substitute the Power Clean Day with something like your Structural Lats workout? Because I dont think Im too proficient with the olympic lifts.

And if im using the Box Squat as a main movement what assistant exercises would be best? or should I still treat the weaknesses like a Back Squat in terms of assistant exercises?

Thanks

[quote]sidhu524 wrote:
@ CT - Would it be ok to substitute the Power Clean Day with something like your Structural Lats workout? Because I dont think Im too proficient with the olympic lifts.

And if im using the Box Squat as a main movement what assistant exercises would be best? or should I still treat the weaknesses like a Back Squat in terms of assistant exercises?

Thanks[/quote]

1. No. If you don’t do the power clean, do a second deadlift day that is lighter (same scheme as the lighter bench/squat day). After your lighter deadlift work (normally something like 80% 5 x 2) you can do 2-3 lats/back exercises.

2. It depends on what your weak muscles are as well as the depth of the box you are using. A good assistance exercise for box squatting is … drumroll… lower box squatting (squatting down to a box slightly lower than the one you are using a your main movement)… since true box squatting (a la Westside, NOT merely squatting down onto a box) is posterior chain dominant so other assistance exercises can be barbell hip thrusts, arched back goodmorning or Romanian deadlifts… for the “overload” assistance work you can do box squats from a higher box.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]sidhu524 wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

1. No. If you don’t do the power clean, do a second deadlift day that is lighter (same scheme as the lighter bench/squat day). After your lighter deadlift work (normally something like 80% 5 x 2) you can do 2-3 lats/back exercises.

2. It depends on what your weak muscles are as well as the depth of the box you are using. A good assistance exercise for box squatting is … drumroll… lower box squatting (squatting down to a box slightly lower than the one you are using a your main movement)… since true box squatting (a la Westside, NOT merely squatting down onto a box) is posterior chain dominant so other assistance exercises can be barbell hip thrusts, arched back goodmorning or Romanian deadlifts… for the “overload” assistance work you can do box squats from a higher box.[/quote]

OK Thanks for the help. Ive started the program and will let you know how it goes.