T Nation

915 Program, Deadlift Problem

First I want to say I love the program and had already been doing something similar to this before I started. I'm making great progress in my bench squat and powerclean

I'm on week7 now but last Friday was deadlifts 95% 3x3. I don't know if maybe I'm more advanced on DL then other lifts but I could not squat even 80% then next squat session. My mid back got super tight and I was unable to continue so I hit the bench. I squatted before my powercleans on the PC/SGHP day and was good. So I guess what I'm asking is how do you figure I DL 100% of my one rep max and then try to squat my max two days later? Is it ok to take extra rest days? What do you reccomend?

Thanks in advance

[quote]DaHamma wrote:
First I want to say I love the program and had already been doing something similar to this before I started. I’m making great progress in my bench squat and powerclean

I’m on week7 now but last Friday was deadlifts 95% 3x3. I don’t know if maybe I’m more advanced on DL then other lifts but I could not squat even 80% then next squat session. My mid back got super tight and I was unable to continue so I hit the bench. I squatted before my powercleans on the PC/SGHP day and was good. So I guess what I’m asking is how do you figure I DL 100% of my one rep max and then try to squat my max two days later? Is it ok to take extra rest days? What do you reccomend?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

what are your 1RM’s ?

[quote]DaHamma wrote:
First I want to say I love the program and had already been doing something similar to this before I started. I’m making great progress in my bench squat and powerclean

I’m on week7 now but last Friday was deadlifts 95% 3x3. I don’t know if maybe I’m more advanced on DL then other lifts but I could not squat even 80% then next squat session. My mid back got super tight and I was unable to continue so I hit the bench. I squatted before my powercleans on the PC/SGHP day and was good. So I guess what I’m asking is how do you figure I DL 100% of my one rep max and then try to squat my max two days later? Is it ok to take extra rest days? What do you reccomend?

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Everybody recovers at different speed. I’ve seen people with similar issues. Oftentimes it’s the supporting the muscles that help maintain a perfect lifting posture that aren’t fully recovered. When that I happens I add an extra day of rest from that point on.