yep, it was on a mens bar so she strapped up

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
Nice.

She did the whole lift with straps?!

Koing[/quote]

yep, it was on a mens bar so she strapped up[/quote]

Gotcha.

I have this fear of using straps to do the lifts. I get visions of snapping my elbows in a Snatch?! Best not chance it!

Not seen many people CJ with straps also.

How long has she been lifting?

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]tork94 wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:
Nice.

She did the whole lift with straps?!

Koing[/quote]

yep, it was on a mens bar so she strapped up[/quote]

Gotcha.

I have this fear of using straps to do the lifts. I get visions of snapping my elbows in a Snatch?! Best not chance it!

Not seen many people CJ with straps also.

How long has she been lifting?

Koing[/quote]
I only use straps on pulls and snatches from the hang. I only wrap them around once, and figure so long as you can do a shoulder dislocate with your hands at your snatch grip you should be fine. Besides, if you only wrap around once, you shouldn’t get stuck to the bar when you’re trying to bail out. How would you snap an elbow?

I will never use straps for cleans though. The few times I tried I never felt like I could get a good rack position without the straps coming loose, and then I watched the Zach Krych comeback video, and I will never try to rack a clean with straps again, and will advise anybody else to do the same.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
I only use straps on pulls and snatches from the hang. I only wrap them around once, and figure so long as you can do a shoulder dislocate with your hands at your snatch grip you should be fine. Besides, if you only wrap around once, you shouldn’t get stuck to the bar when you’re trying to bail out. How would you snap an elbow?

I will never use straps for cleans though. The few times I tried I never felt like I could get a good rack position without the straps coming loose, and then I watched the Zach Krych comeback video, and I will never try to rack a clean with straps again, and will advise anybody else to do the same.[/quote]

I use straps for pulls but never for Sn. An irrational fear?! Doesn’t help my straps are long either and I just don’t feel comfortable Sn with straps.

Yeah I should be fine if I wrap once. How would my elbow snap? Bar goes back, I’m trying to bail and I get stuffed somehow and my elbows goes. Just not worth the risk to me and my grip is fine for the amount of lifting I’m doing.

Zach injury video was savage.

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:
Yeah I should be fine if I wrap once. How would my elbow snap? Bar goes back, I’m trying to bail and I get stuffed somehow and my elbows goes. Just not worth the risk to me and my grip is fine for the amount of lifting I’m doing.

Koing[/quote]
Isn’t the chance of getting stuffed somehow roughly the same if you’re not using straps? I mean, if you only wrap once, as soon as you let go, you’re gone. Or maybe my straps are just shitty and a little more slippery than normal, I don’t know.

Zach’s injury and comeback is really a cool story, partly because of how brutal that injury was. I think I remember reading that his wrists never stopped bothering him after that though.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

Koing[/quote]
Isn’t the chance of getting stuffed somehow roughly the same if you’re not using straps? I mean, if you only wrap once, as soon as you let go, you’re gone. Or maybe my straps are just shitty and a little more slippery than normal, I don’t know.

Zach’s injury and comeback is really a cool story, partly because of how brutal that injury was. I think I remember reading that his wrists never stopped bothering him after that though.[/quote]

I don’t wrap once and it’s one thing if your use to it but another if you don’t. Again the visions of me snapping my elbows when using straps isn’t confident inspiring either.

I read or heard that Zach’s wrists still hurt afterwards as well. Savage man.

Koing

Alberta? Which gym is this? It looks awesome!

A really good C+J, too.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:
Alberta? Which gym is this? It looks awesome!

A really good C+J, too.[/quote]
That’s the gym in the basement of the Olympic Oval in Calgary. Almost everybody in there is a varsity athlete at the UofC, or a high performance athlete of some sort (speed skating, cycling, etc etc). Not exactly open to the public.

She jumped forward a tad on that clean, didn’t she?