907 Test Good?

A couple months ago I got my blood work done. Along with the test came my testosterone level. It came up that my testosterone level is at 907. Being that I am 22 yrs old is that a good level?

Sam

[quote]SamiAmm wrote:
A couple months ago I got my blood work done. Along with the test came my testosterone level. It came up that my testosterone level is at 907. Being that I am 22 yrs old is that a good level?

Sam[/quote]

Wanna trade Hormone levels with me?

That should answer your q’s. 907 is phenominal.

The funny thing is about 2 years ago I was tested, and I believe I was around 500 and something. During this time, I was working out, but I wasn’t eating healthy. Ever since I made it a goal of mine to make myself as healthy as possible (reasonably), It looks like things have made an impressive turnaround.

Total testosterone levels are good to know, but you really need to know what your free testosterone levels are. This is important. Were you tested for that?

You know, I do not know if the free testosterone was tester\d. I suppose I could call and ask. Why is this important?

[quote]SamiAmm wrote:
You know, I do not know if the free testosterone was tester\d. I suppose I could call and ask. Why is this important?[/quote]

Cuz dat’s da shit dat like binds to shit and then shit happens and you get jacked.

[quote]SamiAmm wrote:
You know, I do not know if the free testosterone was tester\d. I suppose I could call and ask. Why is this important?[/quote]

Yeah, I would. There is a lot to be said here about free testosterone and I would recommend that you do a Google search on it if you want further reading because I don’t know how much you want to know and I don’t want to bore you with scientific data. However, to put it simply, free testosterone is not bound like the other cells that are measured in a total T measurement.

Normally, free T is about 2-3% compared to the total and is usually very hard to measure. Free testosterone is what you want a lot of especially when it comes to muscle building and sex drive.

Quest Diagnostics list ranges for free T to be between 35.0-155.0 pg/mL.

LabCorp lists it between 6.8-21.5 pg/mL.

I would recommend that you have your estradiol levels checked as well for a baseline. I say “baseline” because it’s a good idea for a young person to have their numbers logged down now so that when you get older you can compare where you were when you were at your prime. For those that are older and are having T issues they have no reference to look back on to see what their normal levels were.

Not everyone has the same numbers. For you, you are in the 900’s so if one day you are down to 400 or less you will note that you are now half of what you used to be and can talk reasonably with a medical doctor and have numbers to validate what you are saying.

For a full education on this issue I invite you to check out the “Over 35 Lifter” forum.