90 Day Challenge

Thats still good progress Man You must have been under eating tho as the boys have alredy said!
The only thing that was weak was those 12 pull ups → try adding wheight to a dip belt and see how you progress Nice progress on the bench tho!

[quote]Joe Brook wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
16inch arms at 180 is hardly normal. 16inch arms…lean muscular not flabby ones…are actually not come by all that often.

I am approx. 180lbs (under if anything) and my arms are 15.5", and i am in decent shape.

Gotta say, 16" are not “normal” at 180lbs, they are better than average but not fantastic. I know this simply because that is what i am! Better than average, but not amazing…!

Joe (Better than Average)![/quote]

You’re right. I reached 180 lbs, it took a year. And I only have 15" arms.

[quote]xvsanta42 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
I saw the goals according to weight and thought “Well 28 pounds in 90 days is acheivable, but not at that bodyfat % expectation.” Then I saw the goals of wanting your arms to grow almost a full 2 inches and just laughed.

Dude, if you read the boards youll see that the most muscle gain youll get per week is 1-2 lbs, and thats optimal. So say 4.3 weeks times 3 months = 12.9- 25.8 lbs of muscle and THATS OPTIMAL. Goodluck buddy, I really wish u the best, but it took me about 6 months to gain 30 lbs and I was eating like a horse, lifting like a bull and not partying like an animal.[/quote]

I just saw this response and I must say, if you’re “eating like a horse” it’s easily possible to gain 28 pounds in 14 weeks. Of course it won’t all be muscle but it’s easily possible.

[quote]rephore wrote:
Joe Brook wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
16inch arms at 180 is hardly normal. 16inch arms…lean muscular not flabby ones…are actually not come by all that often.

I am approx. 180lbs (under if anything) and my arms are 15.5", and i am in decent shape.

Gotta say, 16" are not “normal” at 180lbs, they are better than average but not fantastic. I know this simply because that is what i am! Better than average, but not amazing…!

Joe (Better than Average)!

You’re right. I reached 180 lbs, it took a year. And I only have 15" arms.[/quote]

So it took you over a year to gain 23 pounds? At your size I would expect the progress to come more quickly.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
rephore wrote:
Joe Brook wrote:
GetSwole wrote:

So it took you over a year to gain 23 pounds? At your size I would expect the progress to come more quickly.[/quote]

23 lbs in a year is fantastic progress. For anyone not in puberty and not adding fat/muscle at a 1:1 ratio, that is excellent.

Seriously 1-2 lbs of MUSCLE per month is normal (without assistance) if proper tranining, rest and nutrition (w/ surplus calories) is in place.

So if someone starts at age 22 at 6’ tall and 160 lbs and they want to be 200 lbs, they should aim to do that in about 2-3 years, assuming no assistance and minimal fat gain.

You can quibble with the specific numbers, but in 90 days of solid eating/training, OP should’ve been shooting for a solid 5-10 lbs of muscle as an aggressive target.

[quote]trextacy wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
rephore wrote:
Joe Brook wrote:
GetSwole wrote:

So it took you over a year to gain 23 pounds? At your size I would expect the progress to come more quickly.

23 lbs in a year is fantastic progress. For anyone not in puberty and not adding fat/muscle at a 1:1 ratio, that is excellent.

Seriously 1-2 lbs of MUSCLE per month is normal (without assistance) if proper tranining, rest and nutrition (w/ surplus calories) is in place.

So if someone starts at age 22 at 6’ tall and 160 lbs and they want to be 200 lbs, they should aim to do that in about 2-3 years, assuming no assistance and minimal fat gain.

You can quibble with the specific numbers, but in 90 days of solid eating/training, OP should’ve been shooting for a solid 5-10 lbs of muscle as an aggressive target.[/quote]

Eh, assuming he’s at 180 pounds now it took him 15 months to gain 23 pounds. And it has not been disclosed whether that 23 pounds is all muscle. I expect beginners to gain more than that in that period of time. If I’m only gaining 1-2 pounds a month, I’m not eating enough.