90 Day Challenge

week: 0
pic taken: 03 Jan

[photo]10189[/photo]

These physique clinics have inspired me to transform. I’ve been working out 6 years but never really achieved the body I wanted. Now I’m angry and I’m damn ready. I’ve never had 15" arms or calves and never been over 170 lbs. It’s time to change that.

I’m currently on week 5 of Christian’s Superhero program. I’m also doing the Luke Sauder routine.

Here are my stats:
height: 5’9"
weight: 157 lbs
bodyfat: 13.8 %
chest: 39 3/8"
arms: 14 1/8"
waist: 30 1/4"
legs: 21 1/4"
calves: 14"
Bench: 95 k
Squat: 112.5 k
Deadlift: 140 k
10 pull ups

These are my 90 day goals:
weight: 185 lbs
bodyfat: 15%
44" chest
16" arms
15.5" calves
Bench 115 k
Squat 182.5 k
Deadlift 182.5 k
30 pull ups

[photo]10190[/photo] [photo]10199[/photo]

[photo]10191[/photo] [photo]10192[/photo]
Front

[photo]10193[/photo][photo]10194[/photo][photo]10195[/photo]
Side

[photo]10196[/photo][photo]10197[/photo][photo]10198[/photo]
Back

Those goals are unbelievably ambitious. Not to discourage you, but if you were to achieve all of those things in 365 days, you should be happy.

I’ll be happy if I come close to achieving these. But I do believe my 90 goals are realistic and challenging for me. All the knowledge I need is right here at T-Nation and I just need to apply it.

what pro-hormones do you plan to use in order to accomplish these goals…?

I saw the goals according to weight and thought “Well 28 pounds in 90 days is acheivable, but not at that bodyfat % expectation.” Then I saw the goals of wanting your arms to grow almost a full 2 inches and just laughed.

I think 16" arms at 180 lbs weight is normal.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I saw the goals according to weight and thought “Well 28 pounds in 90 days is acheivable, but not at that bodyfat % expectation.” Then I saw the goals of wanting your arms to grow almost a full 2 inches and just laughed. [/quote]

Dude, if you read the boards youll see that the most muscle gain youll get per week is 1-2 lbs, and thats optimal. So say 4.3 weeks times 3 months = 12.9- 25.8 lbs of muscle and THATS OPTIMAL. Goodluck buddy, I really wish u the best, but it took me about 6 months to gain 30 lbs and I was eating like a horse, lifting like a bull and not partying like an animal.

16inch arms at 180 is hardly normal. 16inch arms…lean muscular not flabby ones…are actually not come by all that often.

I wasn’t able to achieve my goals.

[quote]rephore wrote:
I wasn’t able to achieve my goals.[/quote]

any improvements? how far off were you?

[quote]rephore wrote:
I wasn’t able to achieve my goals.[/quote]
Much respect for posting that. Hope you did make good progress.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
16inch arms at 180 is hardly normal. 16inch arms…lean muscular not flabby ones…are actually not come by all that often.[/quote]

I am approx. 180lbs (under if anything) and my arms are 15.5", and i am in decent shape.

Gotta say, 16" are not “normal” at 180lbs, they are better than average but not fantastic. I know this simply because that is what i am! Better than average, but not amazing…!

Joe (Better than Average)!

First, anybody that posts pics of him/herself for all to see says something about that person (in a GOOD way).

What I have a slight problem with is the whole “goal” thing.

While I know setting goals is a good thing, it CAN be a bad thing if 1) you set yourself up for utter failure and 2) If your efforts AFTER those 90 days goes down the toilet because the arbitrary 90 days is done.

Many of you know what DC Training is all about already. To me, the best part about it is the very short-term goals of the logbook challenge, the “blast/cruise” periods of heavy duty training with a short period of recovery/active rest.

At no time is there a point where you reach a deadline and swich gears in a major way, it’s about constant improvement, either in strength, size or both.

I guess I have a bit of a problem with such major and arbitrary time-frame changes.

[quote]theceka wrote:
any improvements? how far off were you?[/quote]

weight: 157 lbs → 165 lbs
bodyfat: 13.8 % → 12.2%
chest: 39 3/8" → 40 1/8"
arms: 14 1/8" → 14 1/2"
waist: 30 1/4" → 30 1/2"
legs: 21 1/4" → 22"
calves: 14" → 14 1/2"
Bench: 95 k → 102.5 k
Squat: 112.5 k → 140 k
Deadlift: 140 k → 150 k
10 pull ups → 12 pull ups

Pretty far off, but had some half decent progress. My goals were outrageous, next time I’ll have to make it more realistic.

I’m guessing you weren’t eating enough?

Progress is progress, nonetheless.

Good luck, eat more.

Any before and after pics?