9 Stone Sure Is a Dangerous Lift!

Man, 120 pounds is just so unbelievably crushing, it takes a bit of leverage to help move it around properly. No proper British man has the backbone to move it by himself.

madness

Totally disgusting on behalf of the funeral directors. This should have been made perfectly clear to the family of the deceased before they made their final choice of company to use.

It’s not the thing to find out on the day - especially when it’s an accepted traditional thing to do [carry in the coffin] and would be expected by the family.

Why pass up the opportunity for GPP and grip work?

“Health and safety” means… complete lack of dignity for the human species, and complete lack of confidence in its abilities.

This article actually made me nauseous.

That’s fucking awful. If the dunce was worried about his staff, he still should have told the family to let them do it. What a putz.

This makes no sense, I have been to many funerals and they carry the body upto the church and if needed, either wheel it under the low doors or simply adjust the carry to waist height.

Have loads of people injured their backs carrying coffins?

I’m all for health and safety, but some common sense could have prevailed here.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
“Health and safety” means… complete lack of dignity for the human species, and complete lack of confidence in its abilities.[/quote]

I’d argue with that. People routinely died or had terrible injuries at work with their employers not giving a shit about them before we had health and safety laws.

[quote] Joe wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:
“Health and safety” means… complete lack of dignity for the human species, and complete lack of confidence in its abilities.

I’d argue with that. People routinely died or had terrible injuries at work with their employers not giving a shit about them before we had health and safety laws.[/quote]

I used quote marks because I was specifically referring to what the director said. True enough.

And that is why I want to be cremated and have a fireworks show with my ashes in the mix instead of a lame funeral!

And someone has to say “He went out with a bang!” otherwise my estate goes to orphaned cats.