T Nation

9 Months Pregnant and 24 Kipping Pull Ups

idk…

here’s anther one…

Scientific fact…each “Kipping Pull-up” done by a pregnant mother knocks off 1 full IQ point from their unborn child. Check PubMed…somewhere around the back…it’s all there.

That poor kid will probably reach the level where he’s able to open a pudding cup, but may or may not try to gouge his own eyes out with the spoon.

Looks like the other vid didnt show up?

Well its the same madness as above except the heavily pregnant woman is squating X 30 and push pressing X 15 for 3 sets??? Seriously wtf are these fuckin eejits thiking???

The poor ould babby will come out lookin like scrambled egg’ but thats sooo hardcore man

there are really no limits when it comes to crossfit retardation. next they would have her do snatches to failure on top of a tractor tire.

an entire training method centered around making a 315 deadlift look like a 1015 pull with the use of 6000 bumper plates on each side and 20lbs of chalk… pfft

It is documented that high cortisol levels in the mother in the third trimester have adverse effects on the child.

[quote]Erasmus wrote:
It is documented that high cortisol levels in the mother in the third trimester have adverse effects on the child.
[/quote]

This would be reason enough to not do this… asides from what would seem like common sense. I can’t believe all these other people can stand around watching thinking that this is a good idea…

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

[quote]Erasmus wrote:
[/quote]

This would be reason enough to not do this… asides from what would seem like common sense. I can’t believe all these other people can stand around watching thinking that this is a good idea…[/quote]

Common sense isn’t very common among crossfitters.

[quote]hanban wrote:
there are really no limits when it comes to crossfit retardation. next they would have her do snatches to failure on top of a tractor tire.

an entire training method centered around making a 315 deadlift look like a 1015 pull with the use of 6000 bumper plates on each side and 20lbs of chalk… pfft[/quote]

LOL’ did you notice how they posted the weight of her baby bump (25lbs) up on screen like it was a strapped on plate! It’s her fucking unborn child’ no doubt it was doing summersaults and puking its ring up inside her (I bet she’s so proud)

Is her teet milk paleo?

I don’t think her chin was clearing the bar.

how dare she exercise while pregnant. what a moron. she should be at home eating icecream and cookies

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Is her teet milk paleo?[/quote]

LOL good one!

wtf is it with crossfitters? you got paleo eating, athletic compression socks, arm sleeve tattoos, headbands, beards, bare chest training, hotpants (not complaining here btw) and any newfangled gimmicky trendy bollox that happens to be cool! jayzuz idk…

btw it’s the sum of the whole package of ^ shite ^ that makes it all pure bollox

I dont see the problem with exercising when pregnant. In fact it’s beneficial to both mother and child when done correctly. However, I would think that being that late term, many exercises should be avoided. For those with a better understanding then me, would there be some issue with intra abdominal pressure?

I think the real problem is the acceptance of ‘kipping’ pull ups rather than her doing them while 9 months pregnant.

Kipping pullups are stupid for anyone at anytime. Doing them at nine months pregnant shows she’s full retard. You never go full retard.

[quote]krebcycle wrote:
I dont see the problem with exercising when pregnant. In fact it’s beneficial to both mother and child when done correctly. However, I would think that being that late term, many exercises should be avoided. For those with a better understanding then me, would there be some issue with intra abdominal pressure?[/quote]

In my unprofessional opinion, there’s an issue with the risk of the mother performing a faceplant off the bar and miscarrying/ injuring the baby just so she can show that pregnancy doesn’t affect her place on the crossfit league board.

Kipping pullups are stupid for anyone at anytime. Doing them at nine months pregnant shows she’s full retard. You never go full retard.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Kipping pullups are stupid for anyone at anytime. Doing them at nine months pregnant shows she’s full retard. You never go full retard.[/quote]

‘YOU NEVER GO FULL RETARD’

ha ha ha…the best quote ever

[quote]roybot wrote:
In my unprofessional opinion, there’s an issue with the risk of the mother performing a faceplant off the bar and miscarrying/ injuring the baby just so she can show that pregnancy doesn’t affect her place on the crossfit league board. [/quote]

lol. +1

At the very least she could have used this opportunity to perform pullups correctly, thus limiting the chances of said faceplant by a considerable margin.

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:
Looks like the other vid didnt show up?

Well its the same madness as above except the heavily pregnant woman is squating X 30 and push pressing X 15 for 3 sets??? Seriously wtf are these fuckin eejits thiking???

The poor ould babby will come out lookin like scrambled egg’ but thats sooo hardcore man

[/quote]

The ancient Greeks had Milo of Croton and his bull calf; Crossfit has ‘the pregnant pull-up progression’:

Discuss or digust?