9 Months Off of Steroids - Blood Results. Help!

I’ve messed around with steroids on and off for many years, but never doing anything too heavy. Typical cycles were testosterone around the 400mg/week mark. I’d tend to do 10 week cycles followed by significant breaks. My recovery from the last couple of cycles was so poor that I decided that I didn’t want to put my body through it again so I have stopped using steroids now for good! I’m 27, male, 85kg @ 15% BF.

9 months later I have decided to get bloods done as I still don’t feel like I should. Results were:

D.H.E.A. SULPHATE 7.750 umol/L 0.44 - 13.40
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE 2.7 IU/L 1.50 - 12.40
LUTEINISING HORMONE 4.59 IU/L 1.70 - 8.60
TESTOSTERONE 12.85 nmol/L (371ng/dl) 7.60 - 31.40
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 39.57 nmol/L 16.00 - 55.00
FREE ANDROGEN INDEX 32.47 ratio 24.00 - 104.00

Allegedly, according to the doctor, these levels fall within normal ranges, but maybe of an 80 year old?

As it’s been 9 months, what are the chances that testosterone levels will significantly rise again? Should I be considering TRT at this point? Are there other ways I could boost my testosterone? Any advice much appreciated.

Something similar thing happened to me - with testosterone consistently bouncing just above the low end of an age adjusted range for 15 years until I committed to TRT.

I like to blame the previous gear use although the truth is I’ll never know how large a part it played, if any.

At least you can take comfort in knowing that you can put your levels at 1100 if you choose to do so. I’m not going to give you advice though as I feel other more qualified individuals might step in with something better to say = )

Did you get E2 tested? there might be some clues there

Heavy steroids is not the issue. 100mg T/week is shut down.

Recovery may have failed because most suggested PCT in BB forums is totally wrong.

Is fertility important to you?

Please edit in lab ranges. People do not memorize in different measurement systems/units and lab ranges vary between lab companies too. There is a pencil icon below your posts.

Please include other labs, not just those hormones.

Better to also test free testosterone FT and estradiol E2

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

None of the following is trivial, please do it all.

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • HPTA restart <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

1 Like

No I didn’t get my E2 tested. Probably should have done! Does anybody know what the chances are of further testosterone recovery should I keep waiting? It’s been 9 months now.

First and foremost I would do what KSman suggested. If not, the option would be to follow the HPTA restart sticky.

https://forums.t-nation.com/t/hpta-restart-for-trt-w-application-to-gear-pct/211723?u=ksman&source_topic_id=38

Thanks for the replies guys, I have edited the post to include in lab ranges. I didn’t realise before I sent off for bloods the exact tests that I should be doing, so I missed E2 and free Testosterone.

I am currently staying in Australia as a temporary resident with private health cover, so I will have to do some research as to what I am entitled to here and whether I could receive treatment or even get hold of HCG. I have a source though in which I can get hold of Clomid.

I was thinking to restart using clomid @25mg EOD for 6 weeks with a very slow taper off over around 5 months, then get bloods done again at the 6 month mark. I’ve never suffered sides from Clomid in the past. Worth a try or am I risking further damage?