9 Month Transformation

These are how my numbers have changed since the beginning of this diet, which was also when I started DC training… As of now, I couldn’t get close to these numbers, the strength is deffinately decreased since the precontest diet has began.

October 28th, 2008
Body Weight-268
Rack Pulls- 500x5
Bench Press- 365x7+2+2=11
Squat- 500x4
Widow maker Squat- 315x20

July, 2009
Bodyweight- 201
Rackpulls-635x10 and 585x13
Floor Press (took out bench for a bit) 335x15+5+4=24
Squat- 600x8
Widowmaker- 455x20

[quote]Thorpughet wrote:
Diesel City wrote:
One more from the back…

Looks better from behind than the front (sounds dodgy, I know). The calves looks bigger this way as do the traps. As for the general trunk, well done.

In the front pictures, the chest/abs look a bit weak/undevelopped. Surely because you need to dry a bit more. And you lack brachialis. I DO LOVE brachialis… :wink:

Really, REALLY, nice going there! Keep the good work, you’ll kill’em all![/quote]

I agree. The chest and abs look weak simply because they are week…

[quote]Diesel City wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
holy smokes, cutting 72 lbs is no joke

by the dates you put that was about a nine month cut right?

Yes. When I’m completely finished I should be just shy of a year, and about 90 or so lbs dropped. I’d like to get to 168 to make it an even 100. At this point though, I’ll take what I get.[/quote]

Do you think you’ll have to go down in weight that far to reach your desired conditioning? You look pretty close to me at 196 lbs, I would guess more like 180 to get really shredded.

Quads are huge btw

October 28th, 2008
Body Weight-268
Rack Pulls- 500x5
Squat- 500x4

July, 2009
Bodyweight- 201
Squat- 600x8
Widowmaker- 455x20[/quote]

Damn, you put on about 150lb on both your squat and rackpull while losing lots of weight. If you’re eating at a surplus you’ll probably repping out the 700s for rackpulls and 650s for squats. Good job!

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
Diesel City wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
holy smokes, cutting 72 lbs is no joke

by the dates you put that was about a nine month cut right?

Yes. When I’m completely finished I should be just shy of a year, and about 90 or so lbs dropped. I’d like to get to 168 to make it an even 100. At this point though, I’ll take what I get.

Do you think you’ll have to go down in weight that far to reach your desired conditioning? You look pretty close to me at 196 lbs, I would guess more like 180 to get really shredded.

Quads are huge btw[/quote]

Probably Mid to low 170’s will get it there.

[quote]Taufiq wrote:
Diesel City wrote:

October 28th, 2008
Body Weight-268
Rack Pulls- 500x5
Squat- 500x4

July, 2009
Bodyweight- 201
Squat- 600x8
Widowmaker- 455x20

Damn, you put on about 150lb on both your squat and rackpull while losing lots of weight. If you’re eating at a surplus you’ll probably repping out the 700s for rackpulls and 650s for squats. Good job![/quote]

I’ll get some video up in the off season. Right now, I honestly don’t have anything special to look at. My strength is in the gutter at the moment.

[quote]Taufiq wrote:
Diesel City wrote:

October 28th, 2008
Body Weight-268
Rack Pulls- 500x5
Squat- 500x4

July, 2009
Bodyweight- 201
Squat- 600x8
Widowmaker- 455x20

Damn, you put on about 150lb on both your squat and rackpull while losing lots of weight. If you’re eating at a surplus you’ll probably repping out the 700s for rackpulls and 650s for squats. Good job![/quote]

That’s the offseason goal anyways…

from fat and friendly to bad ass mofo. Nice

6 weeks out.

6 weeks out continued…

That transformation is nuts! Especially in so short a time period!

Couple questions:

1. Can you post a typical day’s diet? Because the way the fat melted off is extraordinary.

2. Did your skin just shrink to fit your new body? Or did you have to have surgery performed?

Great job!

[quote]CHerrera wrote:
That transformation is nuts! Especially in so short a time period!

Couple questions:

1. Can you post a typical day’s diet? Because the way the fat melted off is extraordinary.

2. Did your skin just shrink to fit your new body? Or did you have to have surgery performed?

Great job! [/quote]

I can’t go into detail as far as the diet is concerned, but the guy who did my transformation plan is Shelby Starnes from Troponin Nutrition. We used a carb cycling approach for about 95% of the diet, then switched to a keto type diet for the prep. He wrote an article on carb cycling for T-Nation.

No surgery, I don’t have much loose skin. I do have some, but that’s probably pretty consistent w/ 80 lbs of fat loss within a year…

Here is one from the beginning of the prep to now. 3.5 weeks to go.

We used a carb cycling approach for most of the diet, and have recently switched to a keto diet. All of the training I did was using a rest pause template (DC)…[/quote]

good job man, carb cycling works wonders, since April of this year, I’ve lost 36lbs.

Here is one from the beginning of the prep to now. 3.5 weeks to go.[/quote]

Looking great dude.

Glad to see another DC advocate doing well.

What are your plans post-comp? Do you plan on trying to go another large bulking session?

And just out of curiosity, when you were at / near your largest, were you still utilizing DC principles? A la cutoffs and fasted morning cardio?

Wow… great transformation, you were a solid 270 before you cut any weight i guess thats probably one of the reasons it went so good for you

[quote]SSC wrote:
Diesel City wrote:
Here is one from the beginning of the prep to now. 3.5 weeks to go.

Looking great dude.

Glad to see another DC advocate doing well.

What are your plans post-comp? Do you plan on trying to go another large bulking session?

And just out of curiosity, when you were at / near your largest, were you still utilizing DC principles? A la cutoffs and fasted morning cardio?[/quote]

Well as far as post-comp plans and a large bulking session, I’ll continue to work with Shelby, I don’t think I want to ever get as large as I was before, as I’m currently doing 2.5 hours of cardio a day to prep for this show…

For the DC question. I didn’t start DC until I started the transformation. I got that fat all on my own.

Shelby’s going to be writing a colum for T-Nation. Here’s the link…

Beginning of the “prep” to now…

i salute you brother!!! move weight look great…best saying in the world!!!

congratulations- that 455x20 widowmaker is sick.

are you natural? not trying to minimize or denigrate your considerable achievements it’s just a piece of the puzzle i’m curious about, esp. since keto can result in a lot of muscle loss (and you have a lot of muscle).

Here is another comparison…