8500 Calories a Day, Frank Yang Bulking Diet

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Eating 8,000 calories is expensive, time-consuming, & unhealthy.[/quote]

Could you go into detail about how “8,000” calories in itself is “unhealthy”?[/quote]

Eating 8000 claories has gota be hard so people tend to turn to so called bad foods… 8000 cals from deep fried shrimp and egg noodles has gota being damage somewhere![/quote]

Well that–nobody’s eating a clean 8,000 calories day in day out–and it is just an extension of the widely accepted theory of caloric restriction & longevity.

Details, no I cannot provide them for the subject matter is over my head and is not fully understood by top scientists. Still, caloric restriction without malnutrition has been shown to extend both median and maximum lifespan in a wide range of animals, and preliminary findings in humans have been positive.

Yes, I am making an assumption when I say that if low calories are healthy, than extremely high calories are unhealthy…however I do not think that this is an unreasonable assumption. This is likely where you will disagree with me. That’s fine, just explaining my position.

I predict that you will say “nobody with 20” arms eats low calories". True, but most IFBB pros eat about 4-5000 calories daily, a far cry from the 8,000 eaten here. So if these monsters don’t need that much food, why would a 180 pound individual need that much?[/quote]

How do you know what that guy’s caloric requirements are? Hmm. Let me think on this one. Oh, I don’t know, maybe his metabolim is shit-fucking hot? By your wisdom, if I stuck to the “widely accepted theory of caloric restriction & longevity” I’d be a skinny fuck for the rest of my life. It’s ****s like you that’ll discourage the skinny kids opening up this thread from eating as much as they can in order to pack on mass. What did Waylander and Professor X have in common in the early stages of their lifting? Oh yeah, they FUCKING ATE.

Great vid btw OP.

holy shit thats a lot of food. awesome vid.

Imagine if he used a fork instead of chop sticks - could get another 1,500 Kcal in easy. Wow, after watching that, no excuses for not eating enough, ever. Time for a 1,200 Kcal homemade burrito.

Maybe the “low kcal = longevity” thing is implied by inactive people eating a ton, getting fat, and dying? Just a thought.

lol entertaining as always!

awesome vid dude. But is snorting creatinez for srs?

[quote]putter2712 wrote:
awesome vid dude. But is snorting creatinez for srs?[/quote]

I was guna ask why someone didn’t bring that up earlier, weirdest shit ive ever seen by far!

Anybody who is caught up on the number “8000” is missing the point entirely, IMO.

Dude ain’t gonna eat like this forever. He’s going to grow like the Asian Hulk (Hurk) and get strong fast. FY seems to have the metabolism to handle massive carbs. It’s MAGNITUDES easier to stop eating 8000 cals after some weeks and lose weight than it is to gain as much muscle in the same amount of time.

I have faith that FY will see some results quickly good or bad.

FY- you look like you actually try to push your limits in the gym-- the other piece of the equation. Good luck, bru!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Anybody who is caught up on the number “8000” is missing the point entirely, IMO.

Dude ain’t gonna eat like this forever. He’s going to grow like the Asian Hulk (Hurk) and get strong fast. FY seems to have the metabolism to handle massive carbs. It’s MAGNITUDES easier to stop eating 8000 cals after some weeks and lose weight than it is to gain as much muscle in the same amount of time.

I have faith that FY will see some results quickly good or bad.

FY- you look like you actually try to push your limits in the gym-- the other piece of the equation. Good luck, bru![/quote]

Agreed. I’ve eaten that much and more at times. I don’t see the downside.

If you gain too much fat, you cut back. Simple as that.

loved that superset of the 7-11 split

Haha no you’re right…he needs those 8,000 calories to grow. Any less would be maintenance.

Funny it’s all the permabulkers chiming in support for him. Keep it up guys, you look like construction workers. Meanwhile I’m growing at 3,000 cals, 15 pounds heavier than this guy. How? Nutrient density & insulin sensitivity.

But yes, 8,000 calories of takeout is not unhealthy and is appropriate for this gentleman. My mistake.

You’re growing at 3000 calories a day? Jeez how much do you weigh? 165?

[quote]vali wrote:
You’re growing at 3000 calories a day? Jeez how much do you weigh? 165?[/quote]

That seemed unneccesarily instigatory? Im growing at 3k cals/day @ 185-190

The point that force feeding extra calories past what your muscles can use to repair and grow wont result in more muscle gain does have credence, however, as has been said, 8000 is a nominal value and we dont know what his metabolic requirements are so 8000 may not be significantly excessive, only sufficiently excessive to ensure he isnt missing out. Im sure if he saw noticable or rapid fat gain he would cut back.

[quote]vali wrote:

I got old pics in my hub. Meanwhile all you have to show for you efforts is a “fuck you Dad!” hairstyle. What do you look like, vali?

[quote]putter2712 wrote:

[quote]vali wrote:

That seemed unneccesarily instigatory? Im growing at 3k cals/day @ 185-190

The point that force feeding extra calories past what your muscles can use to repair and grow wont result in more muscle gain does have credence, however, as has been said, 8000 is a nominal value and we dont know what his metabolic requirements are so 8000 may not be significantly excessive, only sufficiently excessive to ensure he isnt missing out. Im sure if he saw noticable or rapid fat gain he would cut back.[/quote]

You should base your actions and how you eat on your results. Frank has literally gained more muscle in the past year than most on this site screaming he is killing himself with calories.

I am also aware of his loss of weight beforehand.

It took quite a bit of “force feeding” to get past certain points.

[quote]vali wrote:

I got old pics in my hub. Meanwhile all you have to show for you efforts is a “fuck you Dad!” hairstyle. What do you look like, vali?[/quote]

Haha that picture is two years old. I’m training to be a powerlifter, not a physique athlete, but one thing I have learned in my training is that I need to eat at least 4,000 calories a day to gain any significant mass.

I’m 6 ft 0" at about 220, with a fair amount of body fat. I plan to cut some weight once I get my BW over 230 to be more competitive in my weight class.

[quote]vali wrote:

Haha that picture is two years old. I’m training to be a powerlifter, not a physique athlete, but one thing I have learned in my training is that I need to eat at least 4,000 calories a day to gain any significant mass.

I’m 6 ft 0" at about 220, with a fair amount of body fat. I plan to cut some weight once I get my BW over 230 to be more competitive in my weight class.

[/quote]

You aren’t alone. Especially in college, 3,000cals would have caused a loss in weight.

[quote]vali wrote:

[quote]vali wrote:

I got old pics in my hub. Meanwhile all you have to show for you efforts is a “fuck you Dad!” hairstyle. What do you look like, vali?[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough…you weigh 25 pounds more than me, so you would of course eat more. Why do you think you have “a fair amount of bodyfat”? I would see that as a sign of eating too much.

Haha I consider it more of a sign of a poor diet when I was in college. I haven’t put on any bodyfat since cleaning up my diet and eating a steady 4,000 calories a day while training hard 4 days a week.