T Nation

85 YO Woman Benches World Record

Thats fucking badass.

Thanks for the post. It’s pretty f-ing inspiring. To all the nay-sayers…what, are you going to be part of the “I’m too old to (insert what you will)” crowd one day? Damn that, GREAT JOB Granny!

[quote]CDQAR24 wrote:
Thanks for the post. It’s pretty f-ing inspiring. To all the nay-sayers…what, are you going to be part of the “I’m too old to (insert what you will)” crowd one day? Damn that, GREAT JOB Granny![/quote]

Not only that but I think it’s a loser attitude when people won’t put themselves out there because they are afraid of not being the top person or the best. I think that attitude keeps a lot of asses glued to sofas.

Good for her!

Those of you who think the weight is unimpressive or it’s funny to see an old lady lifting, have missed several essential points of weight training.

1. Discipline, motivation and hard work are necessary in order to train.
  2. It’s not the weight that’s important, it’s the correct form that’s necessary to lift that weight. Especially for older lifters to avoid injury.
  3. You’re never too old to start lifting.

Take the time to learn what it really means to be a good sportsman/woman, instead of showing your ignorance by mockery.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Good for her!

Those of you who think the weight is unimpressive or it’s funny to see an old lady lifting, have missed several essential points of weight training.

2. It’s not the weight that’s important, it’s the correct form that’s necessary to lift that weight. Especially for older lifters to avoid injury.

Take the time to learn what it really means to be a good sportsman/woman, instead of showing your ignorance by mockery.[/quote]

Word.

Not only that but I think it’s a loser attitude when people won’t put themselves out there because they are afraid of not being the top person or the best. I think that attitude keeps a lot of asses glued to sofas.[/quote]

Amen, and amen for Yo Momma’s comments as well. Very well put!

seems unimpressive but for a woman her age its not unusually to struggle lifting a ball of yarn

Always amazed at the level of asshole that the veil of the internet will bring out.

Would be so proud to be her grandkid.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Good for her!

Take the time to learn what it really means to be a good sportsman/woman, instead of showing your ignorance by mockery.[/quote]

dude she’s been lifting 2 months. not sure that really deserves all the praise of ‘dsicipline’ besides…she’s 85 what else would she really be doing with her time?

but good for her for being that old and not thinking ‘oh dear the weights going to break all my bones’

Yo, Live.

I’m not a dude.

Seriously impressive and admirable.I can only hope I’ve got the energy to train at that age.Fair play to her,and I can’t believe there are any people here who aren’t impressed.They obviously don’t realise she’s 85 FUCKING YEARS OLD.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Yo, Live.

I’m not a dude.[/quote]

dude doesnt know gender boundaries

i called a girl ‘brah’ once. i was really gone off long island ice teas though.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Yo, Live.

I’m not a dude.[/quote]

Long hair and a guitar?

Dude, your a dude- dude!

It’s admirable that she is hitting the platform and competing at her age, and she has a good outlook on life, but come on. She trained twice a week for two months in order to set this.

I’d hit it…she’d be the GILFiest thus far.

I’m sooooo diiiiiirty.