T Nation

85 Snatch at BW of 72kg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csJzTYWnSI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUMQLTdCKz2WXBDbmQz6-d-Q
i cant fix my hips rising too fast. They always shoot up first! i have trying to change that for 2 years now!

Looking for critiques? Or just props

critiques sir. please

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
critiques sir. please[/quote]

looks very good to me- much better than I can do. And probably much better than most here can do. I would say that useful advice isnt going to come from the internet. try asking a coach?

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
critiques sir. please[/quote]

looks very good to me- much better than I can do. And probably much better than most here can do. I would say that useful advice isnt going to come from the internet. try asking a coach? [/quote]
Actually, there are a small handful of people who can (and occasionally do) post some very good advice re: technique. The hard part is knowing who got their knowledge from time in the trenches (as an athlete, coach, or both) and who got it from youtube. Although finding a decent coach in real life is never a bad suggestion.

Never mind the fact that just because someone can lift more than you doesn’t mean they know what they’re talking about, just as someone who lifts less than you might still have some useful things to add; if you don’t know any better it’s tough to sniff out the misinformation and straight up bullshit.

Case in point, I can snatch a fair bit more than him, but I’m hesitant to say anything because while it looks to me like his hips are rising too fast (which I see he’s edited into the first post) and he could be faster under the bar and he’s catching it a little high and riding it down, though the line of pull isn’t bad and he’s not jumping forwards or backwards really at all, I have no useful cues, hints, tips or tricks off the top of my head to share, and my confidence in analyzing technique off of one video is shaky at best.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:

[quote]dnd611 wrote:
critiques sir. please[/quote]

looks very good to me- much better than I can do. And probably much better than most here can do. I would say that useful advice isnt going to come from the internet. try asking a coach? [/quote]
Actually, there are a small handful of people who can (and occasionally do) post some very good advice re: technique. The hard part is knowing who got their knowledge from time in the trenches (as an athlete, coach, or both) and who got it from youtube. Although finding a decent coach in real life is never a bad suggestion.

Never mind the fact that just because someone can lift more than you doesn’t mean they know what they’re talking about, just as someone who lifts less than you might still have some useful things to add; if you don’t know any better it’s tough to sniff out the misinformation and straight up bullshit.

Case in point, I can snatch a fair bit more than him, but I’m hesitant to say anything because while it looks to me like his hips are rising too fast (which I see he’s edited into the first post) and he could be faster under the bar and he’s catching it a little high and riding it down, though the line of pull isn’t bad and he’s not jumping forwards or backwards really at all, I have no useful cues, hints, tips or tricks off the top of my head to share, and my confidence in analyzing technique off of one video is shaky at best.[/quote]

Good post by TheJonty :slight_smile: Don’t sell yourself short, you know what your doing man!

OP good lift.

I’d focus on doing more pulls but focus on keeping your hip to shoulder angle better. So less weight and more focus on that.

HIPS DOWN CHEST UP. Focus on driving your chest up. This will maintain a better angle.

I tend to hike on my Sn when it’s heavy and more so on the Cn as the weights are heavier.

Overall a good lift.

Koing

thanks koing @thejonty infact TNation has some really good people, I poste my 1st video when i was snatching 50kg. your guys feedback specially Koing helped me a lot

evening all,

TheJonty, this is pretty funny, genuinely, I’m not starting an argument I honestly think there is something funny going on here:-

summary of posts so far

OP- my hips rise too soon
Bluebrasil- youre not likely to get good advice here
TheJonty- yes you will get good advice here, but I dont have any comments to make on why your hips rise
Koing- my advice is keep your hips down

this is award winning comedy, folks

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:
evening all,

TheJonty, this is pretty funny, genuinely, I’m not starting an argument I honestly think there is something funny going on here:-

summary of posts so far

OP- my hips rise too soon
Bluebrasil- youre not likely to get good advice here
TheJonty- yes you will get good advice here, but I dont have any comments to make on why your hips rise
Koing- my advice is keep your hips down

this is award winning comedy, folks [/quote]
It does look kinda funny, doesn’t it.

Could be a strength thing too. Looks like maybe when the bar is passing your knees, your ass is going up instead of back. As you push your knees back out of the way of the bar your ass has to either go back or up to accommodate the motion, and if you don’t have the position-specific strength to hold the weight there your ass will shoot up and mess with your back angle and you’ll lose kilos on the lift that way.

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:
evening all,

TheJonty, this is pretty funny, genuinely, I’m not starting an argument I honestly think there is something funny going on here:-

summary of posts so far

OP- my hips rise too soon
Bluebrasil- youre not likely to get good advice here
TheJonty- yes you will get good advice here, but I dont have any comments to make on why your hips rise
Koing- my advice is keep your hips down

this is award winning comedy, folks [/quote]

:slight_smile:

OP use your QUADS more.

Hips down
Chest up
QUADS braced and pushing away the floor

Koing

You are not very strong and you are also very skinny. That’s my critique.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:
evening all,

TheJonty, this is pretty funny, genuinely, I’m not starting an argument I honestly think there is something funny going on here:-

summary of posts so far

OP- my hips rise too soon
Bluebrasil- youre not likely to get good advice here
TheJonty- yes you will get good advice here, but I dont have any comments to make on why your hips rise
Koing- my advice is keep your hips down

this is award winning comedy, folks [/quote]
It does look kinda funny, doesn’t it.

Could be a strength thing too. Looks like maybe when the bar is passing your knees, your ass is going up instead of back. As you push your knees back out of the way of the bar your ass has to either go back or up to accommodate the motion, and if you don’t have the position-specific strength to hold the weight there your ass will shoot up and mess with your back angle and you’ll lose kilos on the lift that way.[/quote]

and that, plus Koings latest post are examples of why this forum is soooooooo much better than the bigger stronger leaner forum. in that one,I cant even make the most tame mickey-taking comment without someone either misunderstanding the joke or going in the huff!

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]bluebrasil wrote:
evening all,

TheJonty, this is pretty funny, genuinely, I’m not starting an argument I honestly think there is something funny going on here:-

summary of posts so far

OP- my hips rise too soon
Bluebrasil- youre not likely to get good advice here
TheJonty- yes you will get good advice here, but I dont have any comments to make on why your hips rise
Koing- my advice is keep your hips down

this is award winning comedy, folks [/quote]
It does look kinda funny, doesn’t it.

Could be a strength thing too. Looks like maybe when the bar is passing your knees, your ass is going up instead of back. As you push your knees back out of the way of the bar your ass has to either go back or up to accommodate the motion, and if you don’t have the position-specific strength to hold the weight there your ass will shoot up and mess with your back angle and you’ll lose kilos on the lift that way.[/quote]

and that, plus Koings latest post are examples of why this forum is soooooooo much better than the bigger stronger leaner forum. in that one,I cant even make the most tame mickey-taking comment without someone either misunderstanding the joke or going in the huff!
[/quote]

Humourless lifters :stuck_out_tongue:

Koing

To be fair, the lift looked solid! If you’re consistent and improving you could argue if it ain’t broke… If you want a more text book lift (which I’d recommend) then maybe drop the squat/dynamic start? Get your chest up/out more before you take the strain/break from the floor, get your shoulders down and back too (but stay over). Do lots of work on first pull, some deficits and RDLs.

how is your squat/pull ratio and how tall are you?

[quote]tothebatcave wrote:
how is your squat/pull ratio and how tall are you?[/quote]
Hi max back squat is 130kg and I am 5’7

[quote]dnd611 wrote:

[quote]tothebatcave wrote:
how is your squat/pull ratio and how tall are you?[/quote]
Hi max back squat is 130kg and I am 5’7
[/quote]

You should be able to Sn about 60% of your BS, so 78kg, so you are only about 8% off, not bad but room for improvement.

Koing

Y don’t you just start with your hips higher… Also this is obviously not a weight near your limit because you pulled it much higher than necessary, so it might be better to show a max or near-max attempt so we can see where your form breaks down.

@datruth that is my max actually! i feel strenght is limiting me to bring my numbers up! i think its just i have bad genes and full time job and a school too lol

If you can pull your max that high then strength is probably not your limiting factor. Speed under the bar and receiving position is probably your weak point atm.