(85-95%) of 1RM and Testosterone

I’ve recently read that (85-95%) of 1RM or 2RM-6RM increases testosterone levels during and post-exercise more so than 6RM-20RM. Is that really true?

Hocus pocus

I could be wrong but I think way to many people on this site read way to much into how low there t is or what they can do do get it higher just train hard eat healthy .

I think most people agree that compound heavy movements are best for a hormonal response. I think that might be why guys like Jay Cutler dont go heavy but get big on isolations movements, because they dont have to worry about test since they have it injected. Jeff Willet and Skip Lacour are two of the best natural bodybuilders in recent history and have talked about Max OT and how they always train heavy 4-6 reps super intense.

So I think if you are natural, then you need to at least focus some time on big heavy movements to get a good response. But everyone has their own theory. I think that most people start heavy in a workout, then once they got their strength work and hormones goin, focus on muscle shaping and isolation with higher reps. Just from what I have seen

[quote]Bull_Scientist wrote:
I’ve recently read that (85-95%) of 1RM or 2RM-6RM increases testosterone levels during and post-exercise more so than 6RM-20RM. Is that really true? [/quote]

Even if it wasn’t, would you start doing 20 reps? As one of the posters above me said–just eat and train. Don’t major in the minors.

[quote]@JC_Tree_Trunks wrote:
Jeff Willet and Skip Lacour are two of the best natural bodybuilders in recent history and have talked about Max OT and how they always train heavy 4-6 reps super intense.
[/quote]

Skip took pro-hormones as he once stated in an interview

[quote]Bull_Scientist wrote:
I’ve recently read that (85-95%) of 1RM or 2RM-6RM increases testosterone levels during and post-exercise more so than 6RM-20RM. Is that really true? [/quote]

If your worried about it then do everything with exactly 6 reps, then you’ll be safe as its the only number in both ranges.

Do you guys smell that?

CS

Even if the experimental protocol of these studies is remotely reasonable, they usually use untrained individuals or geriatrics.

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Do you guys smell that?

CS[/quote]
Yes, I do, in fact, smell that

[quote]Marc_Cavalli wrote:

Jeff Willet and Skip Lacour are two of the best natural bodybuilders in recent history and have talked about Max OT and how they always train heavy 4-6 reps super intense.
[/quote]

Skip took pro-hormones as he once stated in an interview[/quote]

He was also busted for selling steroids. La Cour was about as natural as a McDonalds hamburger.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Marc_Cavalli wrote:

[/quote]

Skip took pro-hormones as he once stated in an interview[/quote]

He was also busted for selling steroids. La Cour was about as natural as a McDonalds hamburger.[/quote]
taste so good