825 Billion Bailout

The democrats are indeed horny with power…

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/15/news/economy/house_stimulus_bill/index.htm?postversion=2009011511

Most of which is to be spent on temporary projects that in themselves generate no revenue. So we will borrow the money with no hope of getting any returns on it. Roads - no return. Education, no return. Alternative energy? Possible return pending it actually works. Extend unemployment, no return.

Subsidize COBRA, no return…So most of that money will never be gotten back, it will just evaporate in to the fray…Wait what am I saying?! They will get it back, by taxing the ever-living, unadulterated fuck out of those of us who produce and earn on our own and who don’t by things we can’t afford! Don’t worry we’ll pay your bills and ours!

“…from each according to his ability to each according to his need”

So, this is the new world order, huh. Sounds pretty dismal to me…The best thing we can do for our economy is nothing. It will recover fine on it’s own once all the corrections are made.

Honestly, if they want to stimulate with 825 billion bucks, I’d rather they just cut us all checks. At least we know most of that money will get recirculated back into the economy and not bureaucratic black holes…

Funniest part of the article: The oversight part…Shit that will eat up about half of the money trying to run those committees.

This stimulus stuff has to stop. Somethings just need to run their course…Fixing a bad economy with money diarrhea just ain’t gonna work.

I think I have shit more intelligent things than Nasty Pelosi.

Welcome to big as fuck government!

A trillion here, a trillion there, and pretty soon you’re talking about real money.

Here’s to paying for things with a wheelbarrow full of money.

Future generations of Americans will despise us. This, and an entitlement crisis looming, is us pissing away the wealth of future generations. Spending money we don’t have, and then turning around and borrowing more and more, is us shackling them to government servitude.

Just how many months out of the year will those people have to work, just to pay the taxes to keep their government solvent? It’s easy to be generous with other people’s money.

Let’s hope we’re dead, or at least out of the workforce, when Uncle Sam finally wakes and realizes that he has start reversing all of this before it’s too late. If he does.

The decisions they are making have absolutly no foundation of a basic economic sense. They aren’t even claiming to know what they are doing. I saw a clip of Dodd saying “doining nothing would be an inditement of neglegence” or something like that.

They don’t know what to do, but they know they have to something. Let’s try taking a trillion dollars from the productive (current and future)and give it to the unproductive. Then let’s create some arbitrary projects and bailouts to keep people employed.

If I lose my job, can I stimulate my family economy by selling my interview suits, cashing in my 401k, and borrowing from the bank to pay myself to build a swingset for the kids?

That and some landscaping should keep me employed for the summer. Our familiy economics should be back to normal if I’m not a greedy employer and pay myself enough.

Pelosi, Reid and Obama will drive this country into a depression within 2 years. I doubt the media will even call them to task over it.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Pelosi, Reid and Obama will drive this country into a depression within 2 years. I doubt the media will even call them to task over it.[/quote]

They’ve already driven me into depression. I am going to have snort prozac to get by these next few years. Especially Pelosi, she is fucking evil incarnate. I think she expects Obama to bow to her.

I love this logic. The current recession is Obama’s fault, the fact that he hasn’t been inaugurated yet is not important. It couldn’t have been George Bush’s multi-trillion dollar war, his ludicrous tax cuts, etc. None of that.

Of course to be fair, it’s not all his fault either, he just greatly exacerbated a problem we already had.

I think we should just print out 13 or so trillion dollars so we can pay off all our debts and still have some left over :smiley:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU rage

I just don’t see how anyone could think this is a good idea.

[quote]Ryan P. McCarter wrote:
I love this logic. The current recession is Obama’s fault, the fact that he hasn’t been inaugurated yet is not important. It couldn’t have been George Bush’s multi-trillion dollar war, his ludicrous tax cuts, etc. None of that.

Of course to be fair, it’s not all his fault either, he just greatly exacerbated a problem we already had.[/quote]

Uh, who said any of that? Or our you blaming Obama for the current recession? 'Cause that’s just ludicrous. Or are you try some kind of jedi mind trick?
Please clarify what you mean.

Hedo said: “Pelosi, Reid, and Obama will drive this country into a depression within 2 years.”

What a prediction! That we will be in bad shape in two years is pretty likely, and then he can blame it all on Obama. That’s a pretty nice bet, the way he set it up.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Pelosi, Reid and Obama will drive this country into a depression within 2 years. I doubt the media will even call them to task over it.[/quote]

For the right-wingers, this is exactly the situation that your policies have created. Privatized gain and socialized loss.

But the corporations shouldn’t have to pay! Then they won’t be able to create any more jobs!

For the right-wingers, this is exactly the situation that your policies have created. Privatized gain and socialized loss.

But the corporations shouldn’t have to pay! Then they won’t be able to create any more jobs![/quote]

Um, what? The left didn’t vote on bailouts (socializing loss)? Or, to try to get otherwise risky folks into homes?

[quote]hedo wrote:

The media wouldn’t even call it a “depression” - they’d recharacterize it as a “necessary challenges while society is transforming into a new, more equitable economic paradigm”.

Hedo said: “Pelosi, Reid, and Obama will drive this country into a depression within 2 years.”

What a prediction! That we will be in bad shape in two years is pretty likely, and then he can blame it all on Obama. That’s a pretty nice bet, the way he set it up.[/quote]

He’s intimating it will be worse because this so-called stimulus creates temporary jobs and invests in things that have no return. Look at the plan would you and describe how it will help the economy. This plan will not help the economy it will only make things worse. If you borrow money to invest in things that give no return on your money what happens to your debt? Nothing, that’s right. It remains and you have no way to pay it off save for taxing the fuck out of people.

But the corporations shouldn’t have to pay! Then they won’t be able to create any more jobs![/quote]

Cooperation’s won’t pay, they just past the cost along in their products and services…They cut costs by cutting jobs. So what good does that do? We, the normal hard working folks still are the ones who pay it in the end.

Putting ketchup on a turd may make it taste better, but it’s still a turd. Raising taxes on cooperations may sound good, but we are still the ones who pay the taxes. Think about it, seriously.

What a prediction! That we will be in bad shape in two years is pretty likely, and then he can blame it all on Obama. That’s a pretty nice bet, the way he set it up.[/quote]

So if we are in bad shape in two years Obama and his trillion dollars of new spending will have nothing to do with it…everything that ever happened bad is Bush’s fault.

Ok got it.

Hey by the way Obama and Pelosi did a great job of rescuing those people out of the Hudson rive when the plane crashed due to Bush’s mismanagement of the flight schedule.

Obama and the twins in congress cannot spend us out of a problem. Capital must be formed and invested. Spending on make work project will not do it.

Ridiculous tax cuts. Do you know what $825 B dollars of new spending will cost as a percentage of GDP? Imagine if the government cut taxes by $825B or gave it directly to the tax payers. The investment and growth would be off the charts.

The $825Billion is spending, demanded and being sold by Obama this weekend, will go down as one of the worst decisions the country ever made and it isn’t necessary.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
hedo wrote:

Pelosi, Reid and Obama will drive this country into a depression within 2 years. I doubt the media will even call them to task over it.

The media wouldn’t even call it a “depression” - they’d recharacterize it as a “necessary challenges while society is transforming into a new, more equitable economic paradigm”.

[/quote]

Nice…that about sums up the media’s objectivity these days.

Well let’s enjoy the $100M inagural event shall we!

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
hedo wrote:

[/quote]

They tried that during GD1. Unfortunately, after 10 or so years of a command economy and no end in sight to the problem, people stopped believing it.

We tried to inflate our way out of GD1. It didn’t work. This bailout money is just going to Dem political allies, where it will be spent as poorly as all of the artificial wealth created during the Housing Bubble.