820 Deadlift Near Miss at 256 lbs 20 Years Old

What’s up guys, Chris Hickson here, banned at another forum site for really dumb reason. So figure It’s time I spend more time on here instead. I’m pretty experienced and been lifting for 10 years almost I think now (I’m only 20) but I’ll be glad to help people If you wanna shoot me a pm or anything at all!

enjoy my video please subscribe

Strong lifts…

Aren’t you worried about your back being rounded like that?

[quote]hulk963 wrote:
What’s up guys, Chris Hickson here, banned at another forum site for really dumb reason. So figure It’s time I spend more time on here instead. I’m pretty experienced and been lifting for 10 years almost I think now (I’m only 20) but I’ll be glad to help people If you wanna shoot me a pm or anything at all!

enjoy my video please subscribe

Haha yeah, This site is generally better. I’m geussing the site was the only other one that out there. I made the transfer a while ago, and I like this site alot better for keeping up to date with posts

I love your set up, very animal.

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
Strong lifts…

Aren’t you worried about your back being rounded like that?[/quote]

naw I’ve lifted strongman and all types of training with extremely rounded back type lifting. I’ve come to the conclusion that upper back rounding hurts nothing at all, and is better to do that do to do, for maximum weight, and lower back may pose some risks, but generally extremely overrated.

Extremely overrated you could say when you’re healthy and strong at 50/55.Not 20 :slight_smile:

[quote]surjenj wrote:
Extremely overrated you could say when you’re healthy and strong at 50/55.Not 20 :)[/quote]

I would rather be one of the strongest people on the planet in my 20s than one of the healthiest in my 50s honestly.

Good shit TC. You clearly know what you’re doing, and I think most folks should rethink what they “know”.

Nice to see you on the forum Chris. You’re a great lifter, it will be good getting your input on a lot of different things. Nice vid, would that 820 have been a PR? Keep up the good work.

[quote]N.K. wrote:
Nice to see you on the forum Chris. You’re a great lifter, it will be good getting your input on a lot of different things. Nice vid, would that 820 have been a PR? Keep up the good work. [/quote]

Yeah it would of been pr. Sucks peaking up for a lift and fail it! But you only really truly fail if missing it makes you not try again. So keep training hopefully hit something maybe few lbs bigger at the meet in 2 weeks! But yeah forsure!

Chris, you and your crew (Franz) are strong as hell. Good luck at the ST meet. Are you coming to Dubuque in Nov?

[quote]hawkcapt1912 wrote:
Chris, you and your crew (Franz) are strong as hell. Good luck at the ST meet. Are you coming to Dubuque in Nov?
[/quote]
thanks man and yeah great training enviorment!..50/50 I’d like to come out not sure yet! You are doing that meet? what is your name?

damn inspiring.

Is there a widely applicable advantage to setting up like that or is it a personal thing?

strong.

very impressive.

[quote]hulk963 wrote:

[/quote]
thanks man and yeah great training enviorment!..50/50 I’d like to come out not sure yet! You are doing that meet? what is your name?[/quote]

Chris, sent you as PM. Doubtful on lifting in Nov. Masters lifts on Sunday and I can’t get that Monday off from work. Brutal to do a meet, drive 4-5 hours and go to work the next day. Have done it in the past and it royally sucks. Plan on going up to wrap knees, etc on Saturday & Sunday. Training toward UPA Nats in April. Trying to learn and feel comfortable with narrow stance squats.

COOL/AWESOME X’s 10000000!

[quote]hulk963 wrote:

[/quote]
thanks man and yeah great training enviorment!..50/50 I’d like to come out not sure yet! You are doing that meet? what is your name?[/quote]

Chris, sent you as PM. Doubtful on lifting in Nov. Masters lifts on Sunday and I can’t get that Monday off from work. Brutal to do a meet, drive 4-5 hours and go to work the next day. Have done it in the past and it royally sucks. Plan on going up to wrap knees, etc on Saturday & Sunday. Training toward UPA Nats in April. Trying to learn and feel comfortable with narrow stance squats.
[/quote]
Didn’t get your PM!..but gotcha true traveling can really suck, for me its at least under 3hrs to the iowa meets. But goodluck man prolly see you at april nats.

Also to address my set up…I just do it like this to take advantage of not losing any stretch reflex in the bottom position like a lot of people do. and the rolling helps me stay back and lean over less!

Good shit what are your other lifts looking like?

[quote]T11 wrote:
Good shit what are your other lifts looking like? [/quote]

710 squat with wraps/ over 600 prolly without but never tried.
mid 300’s bench ( i don’t train it, since pec always hurt)
power curl?.. lol jk

[quote]hulk963 wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:

power curl?.. lol jk[/quote]

Haha power curl for the girls duh. Those are some good numbers and tore a pec before or something?

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]hulk963 wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:

power curl?.. lol jk[/quote]

Haha power curl for the girls duh. Those are some good numbers and tore a pec before or something?[/quote]
haha exactly man. yeah I tore both, still gives me problems.