T Nation

81 Year-Old Man Kills Intruder

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15638672/detail.html

"TUCKER, Ga. -- DeKalb County police say they don't plan to file any charges against an elderly man who shot and killed an intruder.

The apparent home invasion happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday at the 81-year-old man's home, which he shared with his wife.

"Apparently the suspect was attempting to break into the home and had made entry and during the process woke the homeowner who was able to arm himself," said J.T. Ware with the DeKalb County police.

The man told authorities he and the intruder wrestled for control of the gun, which belongs to the homeowner. The gun then went off, fatally wounding the suspect.

Authorities say the man was taken to a hospital to be treated for injuries he suffered in the incident."

My favorite part is that he had to wrestle for control of the gun first, and even then was able to kill the guy.

[quote]mundele wrote:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15638672/detail.html

"TUCKER, Ga. – DeKalb County police say they don’t plan to file any charges against an elderly man who shot and killed an intruder.

The apparent home invasion happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday at the 81-year-old man’s home, which he shared with his wife.

“Apparently the suspect was attempting to break into the home and had made entry and during the process woke the homeowner who was able to arm himself,” said J.T. Ware with the DeKalb County police.

The man told authorities he and the intruder wrestled for control of the gun, which belongs to the homeowner. The gun then went off, fatally wounding the suspect.

Good for him. Now this is a perfect case of justifiable defense in my opinion. How much more perfect could it be with regards to that?

Maybe this assholes crooked friends he must surely have will think twice before trying the same thing again on another innocent and decent citizen.

ToneBone

Authorities say the man was taken to a hospital to be treated for injuries he suffered in the incident."

My favorite part is that he had to wrestle for control of the gun first, and even then was able to kill the guy.[/quote]

That’s pretty bad ass.

Would have rather seen him choose to shoot the intruder rather than having to wrestle for control of the gun, with the gun going of and fortunately hitting the intruder instead of the homeowner, wife, or someone else.

The way the article is written, it sounds as if the gun accidentally went off while they were struggling, and although the homeowner certainly put up a valiant effort, it seems as if pure luck caused the intruder, and not the homeowner, to be injured.

But maybe the homeowner wrestled the gun away, kicked the intruder to the ground, and said something a la Dirty Harry before shooting the guy.

By the way, I’m not being sarcastic, if any gets confused.

The fact that the old dude didn’t cower in a corner somewhere makes the story for me. Nevermind HOW the intruder was killed.

At age 81, how many guys would have acted so bravely?

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:
The fact that the old dude didn’t cower in a corner somewhere makes the story for me. Nevermind HOW the intruder was killed.

At age 81, how many guys would have acted so bravely?[/quote]

That I definitely agree with.

Hey New Damage…
would your screen name happen to be a reference to a Soundgarden song?

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Would have rather seen him choose to shoot the intruder rather than having to wrestle for control of the gun, with the gun going of and fortunately hitting the intruder instead of the homeowner, wife, or someone else.

The way the article is written, it sounds as if the gun accidentally went off while they were struggling, and although the homeowner certainly put up a valiant effort, it seems as if pure luck caused the intruder, and not the homeowner, to be injured.

But maybe the homeowner wrestled the gun away, kicked the intruder to the ground, and said something a la Dirty Harry before shooting the guy.

By the way, I’m not being sarcastic, if any gets confused.[/quote]

I agree, it sounds like that’s what happened, but in my mind he fought the intruder, then shot and killed him.

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:
Hey New Damage…
would your screen name happen to be a reference to a Soundgarden song?[/quote]

FUCK YEAH IT IS.

Its my go to song for PRs - Cornell’s primal scream at the beginning usually adds 50lbs to any lift.

Edit : Good call! I think you’re the first one who said something about this.

/end hijack

Soundgarden rocks my socks off, they really do/did/always will.

I’m guessing that “wrestled for control of the gun” is a cover story to cut off any potential liability. He iced that mofo, plain and simple :slight_smile:

Ya…ya…true,true. One tought old son of a bitch.

Alot of old dudes are actually kinda strong and active at 81.

One old fishmeran I knew when I was a kid beat me at arm wrestling when I was like 14 to prove a point.

I’d be interested to know what kind of work this man was in during his life.

If that fukker was a steel worker or something, he’s probably got that wierd gristly old man strength lol.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
I’m guessing that “wrestled for control of the gun” is a cover story to cut off any potential liability. He iced that mofo, plain and simple :-)[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking. Much less likely to get thrown in jail if you say you had to wrestle for control of the gun and it went off accidentally than if you say you double tapped the guy from the other side of the room, then emptied a few more into him just to make sure.

Awesome stuff, and at 81? DAMN!

NewDamage - dunno how I missed the reference.

[quote]Roual wrote:
KBCThird wrote:
I’m guessing that “wrestled for control of the gun” is a cover story to cut off any potential liability. He iced that mofo, plain and simple :slight_smile:

That’s what I was thinking. Much less likely to get thrown in jail if you say you had to wrestle for control of the gun and it went off accidentally than if you say you double tapped the guy from the other side of the room, then emptied a few more into him just to make sure.[/quote]

LMAO

That is BRUTALITY even DethkloK could appreciate.

RSG, you are forgiven my good sir.

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:

At age 81, how many guys would have acted so bravely?[/quote]
I don’t get this. What better age to do brave crazy shit than 81 when you’re gonna die any second anyway?

Tough old men rule! Lovecraft would be proud!
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Terrible_Old_Man