80lb Lean Weight Gains?

Has any one here managed to add around the 80lb mark in lean gains? Lots of debates surrounding natural potential and mass gaining recently.

So honest answers, how much have you gained what was your start weight, end weight and was it done naturally? Without ridiculous amounts of fat gain.

To reach my goal weight at around 10% body fat would mean I would have gained 76lb. I think I can do it naturally. Any views? Not that it would change anything!

Over what period of time?

Everyone gains a lot of lean weight from birth through the end of puberty.

I assume that you mean 80 pounds of lean weight gain after, say, age 18?

Oh God, please no.

Didn’t think I would have needed to clear that up, it seems I was wrong.

Lets say from the age of 18 years, 3 months and 12 days old, give or take a few days obviously.

My muscle building journey started at 21 years old at a whopping 124lbs. I’m now 28 but don’t think I will reach the 200lb mark any time soon at desired fat levels, got to admit it seems im fighting for every pound this year and progress is slow. I’m in it for the long haul though.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Oh God, please no. [/quote]

What seems to be your problem?

[quote]kd13 wrote:
My muscle building journey started at 21 years old at a whopping 124lbs. I’m now 28 but don’t think I will reach the 200lb mark any time soon at desired fat levels, got to admit it seems im fighting for every pound this year and progress is slow. I’m in it for the long haul though.[/quote]

How tall are you?

Sorry forgot to add that in, Im 5.10 and currently sitting around 176lb and I know body fat percentages are not worth much but I would say Im around 10%ish

It seems you were very underweight when you started so a big number like 75 lbs LBM might be doable. 200 at 10% bf natural, though, is very ambitious and would take a long time, if possible at all.

[quote]craze9 wrote:
It seems you were very underweight when you started so a big number like 75 lbs LBM might be doable. 200 at 10% bf natural, though, is very ambitious and would take a long time, if possible at all.
[/quote]
I would say it is doable at 5’10" but will not come easy and you will probably have to get up decently above 200 at about 15% or so, then do a slow methodical cut.

I was actually under the impression from previous debates that any LBM gained while underweight didn’t count.

Regardless, I’m not touching this topic with a 10 foot pole lol.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]craze9 wrote:
[/quote]
I would say it is doable at 5’10" but will not come easy and you will probably have to get up decently above 200 at about 15% or so, then do a slow methodical cut. [/quote]

Wasnt mike tyson about 215 to 225 at 10% body fat at 5’10? But yeah 85lb of pure muscle gain wpuld take more then a decade and sounds impossible as apparently advanced guys can only gain 1 to 5lbs per year of muscle naturally.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

LMAO - I feel like I just stepped into a time machine… Where did the specific number 80 come from?

S

To be honest I never really looked terribly under weight, I must have a pretty light frame. I have a pic from when I was my lightest that I may throw up.

I know this topic sounds very shit and has a few key words that people don’t like, I understand that and Im not an idiot.

I’m interested in say for example, someone like Stu, did he start at such a low weight and what was his muscle gain like over the years and Did he reach a point where he felt his body just didn’t want any more mass.

80 came due to the fact that’s pretty much what I need to hit my goal

FYI - long before i started working out, I was roughly 120lbs at a height of 5’9. That being said, I started at a very weak and skinny-fat 180, currently in much better shape about 20+ pounds heavier.

[quote]kd13 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

What seems to be your problem?[/quote]

This is one deep rabbit hole…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]kd13 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

This is one deep rabbit hole… [/quote]

Ok buddy thanks for your help much appreciated

[quote]kd13 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]kd13 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

This is one deep rabbit hole… [/quote]

Ok buddy thanks for you help much appreciated[/quote]

Lol…

All I’m saying is this has been argued and argued and argued and then argued some more. It’s a recurring theme here.

I mean, like Stu said, where does this 80lbs come from? I weighed about 8lbs when I was born. I’m 195 now. let’s just assume I’m 20% bf so my LBM is 156. Well 156 - 8= 148 so I guess I gained 80+lbs of lean mass…

I weighed 135 when I got out of high school, should I start there?
I weighed 145 when I got our of boot camp, should I start there?
I weighed 175 when I got out of the Corps., should I start there?

These “debates” have never made any sense to me what so ever.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I was actually under the impression from previous debates that any LBM gained while underweight didn’t count.

Regardless, I’m not touching this topic with a 10 foot pole lol.[/quote]

That’s absolute bollocks

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I weighed 135 when I got out of high school, should I start there?
I weighed 145 when I got our of boot camp, should I start there?
I weighed 175 when I got out of the Corps., should I start there?
[/quote]

This is why I posted my snarky reply at the beginning, OP.

“Gaining” a certain amount of mass is only relevant if we know where the starting point is.

A 6’1" and 145 pound kid who’s a string bean even after going through puberty will probably be able to gain a different amount of mass than a 6’1" and 225 pound high-school linebacker.

Hey, does anyone want to talk about natural limits?