805lb Raw Squat

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Excuse my ignorance… but what was he wearing under his belt if that was a raw squat?[/quote]

A powerliftng singlet like this perhaps?

Great lift!!! Hope he can keep hammering away!

Just to be anal, he went on to squat 825 at that same meet on a 4th attempt.

Also, he has lifted in gear for many years. I remember him squatting big in the APF as a teen, and he’s 21 or so now.

That was awesome. I really like looking at the differences in hand spacing on the bar between the big squatters. From what I’ve seen, alot of 'em keep their hands fairly close to their shoulders. This guy didn’t. Not sure if I mean anything by this, just an observation.

No monolift, either.

Very impressive. How much does he weight anyway?

There was only one real RAW squat ever done. Ans it was done by Chuck Norris.

[quote]Julius_Caesar wrote:
Very impressive. How much does he weight anyway?[/quote]

Wow, that makes me feel like a freakin’ pussbag.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
That was awesome. I really like looking at the differences in hand spacing on the bar between the big squatters. From what I’ve seen, alot of 'em keep their hands fairly close to their shoulders. This guy didn’t. Not sure if I mean anything by this, just an observation.[/quote]

Close hand spacing allows you to get tighter and create a better “shelf” for putting the bar on, but it bothers some people’s elbows/shoulders.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
That was awesome. I really like looking at the differences in hand spacing on the bar between the big squatters. From what I’ve seen, alot of 'em keep their hands fairly close to their shoulders. This guy didn’t. Not sure if I mean anything by this, just an observation.

Close hand spacing allows you to get tighter and create a better “shelf” for putting the bar on, but it bothers some people’s elbows/shoulders.[/quote]

I understand the “shelf” thing. That’s why I notice that some of the big squatters do it and some don’t. That kid is an animal.

Great lift. He made it look almost easy and his depth was beyond question unlike many other record attempts. How tall is this kid?

A picture speaks 805 pounds

I was there – witnessed the whole event. Scott is a 21 year old from Central Florida, approximately 5’8" in height, and weighing approximately 308. He was competing head-to-head against Beau Moore, a world-ranked SHW from Pinellas County, Florida, approximately 6’1" and weighing 340 and 42 years old. At the end, Beau won the overall, with something like 2050 points.

However, Scott was only ten points behind, at approximately 2040. Give Scott a few more years to mature in the sport (really needs to improve his bench) and he should be one of the strongest SHW competitors in the world.

However, the most impressive lifter was a 23 year old, 196 pounder from Oregon who plays arena football. Witnessed him squat 605 pounds (yes, over 3 times his BW), bench 565, and deadlift 635.Just a fantastic show of strength.

This Raw Powerlifting competition is significantly more exciting than watching PL’s with 5-ply shirts and shorts and ammonia caps.

AWESOME! I’d love to be able to break records like that. I’m still pretty new, but man I hope one day to be a strong all-natural powerlifter like that! That’s just good sh!t right there.

[quote]derek wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
Because everyone knows all you have to do is slap a lifting suit on and your lifts skyrocket.

You don’t need years of practice or anything.

805 to 1,102 is what I call skyrocketing, don’t you?
[/quote]

The original implication was that he was untrained in gear and that all one had to do was put it on to get great poundages.

He obviously doesn’t fit that bill.

He’s a strong mofo that has also mastered his equipment.

[quote]Stew wrote:
I was there – witnessed the whole event. Scott is a 21 year old from Central Florida, approximately 5’8" in height, and weighing approximately 250. He was competing head-to-head against Beau Moore, a world-ranked SHW from Pinellas County, Florida, approximately 6’1" and weighing 340 and 42 years old. At the end, Beau won the overall, with something like 2150 points.

However, Scott was only ten points behind, at approximately 2140. Give Scott a few more years to mature in the sport (really needs to improve his bench) and he should be one of the strongest SHW competitors in the world.

However, the most impressive lifter was a 23 year old, 196 pounder from Oregon who plays arena football. Witnessed him squat 605 pounds (yes, over 3 times his BW), bench 565, and deadlift 635.Just a fantastic show of strength.

This Raw Powerlifting competition is significantly more exciting than watching PL’s with 5-ply shirts and shorts and ammonia caps. [/quote]

He’s definitely no 250!!! He was 308 when he became the youngest person to squat a grand.

100% raw and natural is REAL lifting. These guys have my full respect.

[quote]Stew wrote:

This Raw Powerlifting competition is significantly more exciting than watching PL’s with 5-ply shirts and shorts and ammonia caps. [/quote]

I am quite sure you mean 365 bench and not 565, I looked at the results and this guy matched everything you said except for the bench. I was going to say that was an insane bench. Joey King I think is his name.

[quote]TTewell342 wrote:
Stew wrote:
I was there – witnessed the whole event. Scott is a 21 year old from Central Florida, approximately 5’8" in height, and weighing approximately 250. He was competing head-to-head against Beau Moore, a world-ranked SHW from Pinellas County, Florida, approximately 6’1" and weighing 340 and 42 years old. At the end, Beau won the overall, with something like 2150 points.

However, Scott was only ten points behind, at approximately 2140. Give Scott a few more years to mature in the sport (really needs to improve his bench) and he should be one of the strongest SHW competitors in the world.

This Raw Powerlifting competition is significantly more exciting than watching PL’s with 5-ply shirts and shorts and ammonia caps.

He’s definitely no 250!!! He was 308 when he became the youngest person to squat a grand.[/quote]

Okay so how much did he really weigh when doing the 805/825 in the squat?