T Nation

805lb Raw Squat

Ill just say damned impressive and say he went on to hit 825. sure nailed the 805 solid made it look easy. friggin animal.

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/videos.htm

Looks like he did that in some hotel room. What happens if he drops it? Shit would go right threw the floor.

Mad impressive though.

What a beast!

Drug-free too. Very, very impressive.

wow, let’s get some equipment on that guy and have him break the world record.

HO-LEE SHIT

It looked like he could have done another rep. Like it was his 3RM. Wow

-folly

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
wow, let’s get some equipment on that guy and have him break the world record.[/quote]

Because it is that simple, right?

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
wow, let’s get some equipment on that guy and have him break the world record.[/quote]

Because everyone knows all you have to do is slap a lifting suit on and your lifts skyrocket.

You don’t need years of practice or anything.

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
Looks like he did that in some hotel room. What happens if he drops it? Shit would go right threw the floor.

Mad impressive though.[/quote]

He was probably on the ground floor.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:

Because everyone knows all you have to do is slap a lifting suit on and your lifts skyrocket.

You don’t need years of practice or anything.[/quote]

From someone who lifts in gear, it does not take years of practice to learn a squat suit. Bench shirts are hard to learn and drastically modify the lift; with a squat suit it’s definitely different than lifting raw, but it’s not difficult to learn how to do.

He has, in fact, squatted in full gear. At the APF Southern States in Jacksonville this past December, he squatted 1102, benched 633, and deadlifted 722 to total 2458. He has done several APF meets since he was a teen.

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:

Holy shit, why stop there? Let’s attach some hydraulic pumps in his calves and quads and have him do a 5000lb squat.

was that bud jeffries spotting?

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:

You don’t need years of practice or anything.

From someone who lifts in gear, it does not take years of practice to learn a squat suit. Bench shirts are hard to learn and drastically modify the lift; with a squat suit it’s definitely different than lifting raw, but it’s not difficult to learn how to do.[/quote]

So I exagerated, sue me.

Excuse my ignorance… but what was he wearing under his belt if that was a raw squat?

a leotard

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Excuse my ignorance… but what was he wearing under his belt if that was a raw squat?[/quote]

A singlet.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Excuse my ignorance… but what was he wearing under his belt if that was a raw squat?[/quote]

Looks like a singlet.

To be raw he’s gotta be naked, no chalk or ANYTHING!

Do I have to say “I’m kidding”?

WoW, now THAT"S powerlifting

Excellent depth. By they way, RAW = no wraps and no suit. So he gets about 300 pounds out of a suit and wraps. More power to this guy. I have a lot of respect for raw lifting totals and not much for a lot of the equipped stuff I’ve seen. Especially lately. Most have looked high. This was not.

Damned impressive lift.

I’d also comment that his raw lifting shows in his quad development.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

You don’t need years of practice or anything.[/quote]

805 to 1,102 is what I call skyrocketing, don’t you?