802.11g Pre N 2.4 Ghz Router

Belkin has an 802.11g Pre N Ghz Router out that is “600% faster than standard 802.11g”

It’s $120 for the router and another $80 for the card.

Anyone have the 411 on this new hardware?

Right now I am running an 11b router just fine. No problems. But, I like to lay technology in - in stages. Especially the high end stuff. I am either going to upgrade the router or the printer this year. So, do I go to a standard 11g router, pretty cheap or do I go to the Pre N router for compatability on the new PC I will buy 2 years out?

I wouldn’t buy a Belkin router. Period. I’ve had two. 802.11g wirless, and a standard cat5 router. Both of them were as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

I have the router your talking about, I have had no problems with it at all. This router supports 802.11 B/G and Pre-N (108 megebits/second). It will also supports WEP and WAP has has support for AES encryption. You need to understand the when they say “Pre-N” this is proprietary and most likely will not be compatible withthe final “N” release if it is not superseded prior to acceptance. 2.4 GHZ means your “old” 2.4 cordless phone will knock you off the network and cause you to lose coverage temporarily. There are also Netgear, Linksys (Cisco product but not Cisco design) and 3Com and a handful of others. They are all about the same, just remember as I said above, any of them probably won’t be standard compliant with the final release.

I’ve had no problem with belkin.

The real question is, is your internet connection faster than the wireless you already have? Cable, doubt it, DSL, no. T1 et all yes.

Or are you transfering alot of files over your local network.

Because having faster wirless dosent make your internet faster ya dig?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1116802334600.118666-2301p024-4b.jpg

Atreides -

If you have the cash to spend then by all means go for the pre-N router just know any computer you add to your network will need to have the belkin pre-N pci or pcmcia card in order to take full advantage of the pre-N features.

For a small business this can get somewhat expensive but for home use you should be ok even if you decide on 802.11g that would be a big improvement over 802.11b

You’re service may also differ greatly depending on the speed of your local service carrier.

Are you signed on to a 2G or 3G network plan?

OD