T Nation

80 Pushups & 100 Curls With 10 Pounds

Hey, im a 16 year old guy and atm i have no access to my weights :@ so i grabbed some 10 pound dumbbells done 100 bicep curls with them then done 80 pushups and some other dumbbell workouts

if i do this for 8 more days will that last me untlill i can have my own weights and gym access is 10 pounds to light to even have effect on me, i am way above avarage strength for my age and im not sure if im just wasting time and effort

100 just seemed a good number to me at the time lol i was thinking anything 100 times must be good

when you don’t have access to the gym or to free weights then you need to improvize

so finding something to hang from for chinups/pullups, pushups with a heavy backpack, grab something on your shoulders/back and do squats

the worst you can do is do nothing, if you do nothing then you give no reason for your body to adapt or change

and also im 218 pounds just so you know that at least the push ups was high weight lol

[quote]frankyboy7 wrote:
hey im a 16 year old guy and atm i have no access to my weights :@ so i grabbed some 10 pound dumbbells done 100 bicep curls with them then done 80 pushups and some other dumbbell workouts if i do this for 8 more days will that last me untlill i can have my own weights and gym access is 10 pounds to light to even have effect on me, i am way above avarage strength for my age and im not sure if im just wasting time and effort[/quote]

Run on sentences suck… English please.

You’re “way above average strength” but your curling pink dumbbells?

Here’s your sign:

ok sorry hard emglish isent a language and they are grey listen I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY WEIGHTS OR ANYTHING ELSE OK
i wanted help not dickheadedness

[quote]frankyboy7 wrote:
ok sorry hard emglish isent a language and they are grey listen I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY WEIGHTS OR ANYTHING ELSE OK
i wanted help not dickheadedness[/quote]

There is no help for you.

No access to weights, but you happen to have your mom’s aerobic dumbbells lying around? And you post such nonsense on a Bodybuilding Forum?

any one got some actual advice or real knowledge to provide

and before you say anything about my dad he can lift 780 pounds

[quote]frankyboy7 wrote:
oh fuck you you piece of shit not my mums either some shit i found in my dads garage im not at my actual home this is the first time i have met my dad you cunt if i cant use my weights i cant fucking use them how old are you you piece of shit thinking your all hard pissing 16 year olds off fuck you[/quote]

Nice language Francis! You feel all grown up now?

My age? Old enough to know a fucking moron when he opens his piehole.

Pound sand douchebag - 10 lb sacks if you prefer.

[quote]frankyboy7 wrote:
and before you say anything about my dad he can lift 780 pounds [/quote]

Excellent… Is this the equivalent of “My Dad can beat up your Dad?”

Natural selection is a bitch.

can some one please who isent a wanker help me out i dident post to have an argument i posted because i wanted to know something the internet may be a tool used to be childish and an excuse to argue with people to some but not to me so can anyone else help me out shall i just wait till i get home and can use my wn weights

fuck sake i thought this web site was a good website to ask people more experienced than myself stuff clearly im greatly mistaken so far i have had a fucking lesson in English some one nice please help

[quote]frankyboy7 wrote:
I DONT FUCKING WANT TO LIFT 10 POUNDS ITS ALL I HAVE ATM FFS [/quote]

Please stop screaming, you’ll wake up the neighbors.

Than don’t lift the damn dumbbells! Stick to bodyweight exercises for the moment: Squats, push-ups, dips from a chair, pull ups if you can find something to hang from.

Seems like a simple solution considering you have no access to weights at the moment - yes?

Now stop crying before mum sees you.

I can’t understand a thing you wrote.

I’m being serious.

you could of said that earlier and there is no need to turn it into an argument all i want is to know when im doing something wrong im 16 remember not a 27 year old pro who knows everything about it ok thank you for some advice in the end but i don’t want to argue with someone every time i post something

Just a little good-natured ribbing…

I would think you would know this stuff. After all, your Dad lifts 780 lbs.

Be good Frankfurter.

Keep curling the 10 lbs for 100 reps. Add 10 reps to that each time. When you get to 1000 you will be huge! You have to count them outloud too so you wont loose track. Also use the mirror so you can make sure your pumping right. Thats all there really is to getting big!

yeah man but i dont know my dad really i have only just met him recently
i am strong im just not good at the training i think im strong from all the rugby i do not sure

ah thank you i could do more than 100 but i dident know if i should or not i will keep lifting thank you man