8 YO Has a Better Sinclair Than You

Do you know of any Chinese o-lifting programs?

Yeah … first, have a population of a billion. Then, find the best potential lifters when they are 3 years old. Then, train every day for 15 years.

How is that for a program? Oh you wanted a program for YOU? Well, you were eliminated at 3 years old for not being good enough potential. Get back on the farm and grow some rice.

Sad but true. Don’t think they’d have selected me. It is an efficient way to build up great athletes. Those guys are pretty impressive. Puts many people to shame.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Do you know of any Chinese o-lifting programs?

Yeah … first, have a population of a billion. Then, find the best potential lifters when they are 3 years old. Then, train every day for 15 years.

How is that for a program? Oh you wanted a program for YOU? Well, you were eliminated at 3 years old for not being good enough potential. Get back on the farm and grow some rice.

Sad but true. Don’t think they’d have selected me. It is an efficient way to build up great athletes. Those guys are pretty impressive. Puts many people to shame.

[/quote]

shhhh. relax man.

Clearly their form is very different from the American O-lifters. The gold medal snatch guy has his heels firmly planted the entire time. Also, their stances seem different - like wider with feet angled out.

[quote]CutestPuppy wrote:
Do you know of any Chinese o-lifting programs? [/quote]

The only thing that I have heard rumors about is how the Chinese women train.

They train multiple sessions per day (like an hour each I believe) on ONE move. So if it’s snatch pulls, you’re snatch pulling for an hour. After they’re done one training session they go eat and rest. Then they come back and train another movement. Till they go to sleep. 7 days a week.

This is just what I’ve heard, but it makes sense that a program like this would work.

How do we know for sure that is there ages? Didn’t the chinese get in troube for using an underage gymnast at Beijing?

Still mind blowing though

[quote]Pluto wrote:
How do we know for sure that is there ages? Didn’t the chinese get in troube for using an underage gymnast at Beijing?

Still mind blowing though[/quote]

Does it matter??

You have to be over a certain age in gymnastics cos younger tends to equal lighter and more flexible. Not the same as weightlifting where younger = weaker.

[quote]Pluto wrote:

Still mind blowing though[/quote]

If these kids are any younger than stated, that only makes it MORE impressive.

Fuck steroids, I need to get my hands on some IV China.

Very impressive and humbling, now if the chinese can produce a top level heavyweight it’ll be game over

[quote]Wayland wrote:
Very impressive and humbling, now if the chinese can produce a top level heavyweight it’ll be game over[/quote]

Well, that’s not very probable

[quote]matko5 wrote:
Wayland wrote:
Very impressive and humbling, now if the chinese can produce a top level heavyweight it’ll be game over

Well, that’s not very probable

[/quote]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dehwang/184507035/

Tall fella in the back is 105kg 6’2

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/cu/cui-wenhua-1.html

Cui Wenhua 1st in 1997 World Championships

I’m afraid it’s very probable and has already been done.

I don’t think they need a heavyweight. There’s a limit on how many competitors each country can field and it’s not enough to fill every weight class.

I think I saw a a couple of supers in one of the videos, but they probably weren’t good enough to guarantee a medal.

Cui Wenhua snatched something like 170-180 kgs, I believe… That is simply mind-boggling to me.