T Nation

8 Weeks to a Record Bench Program

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been training pretty seriously for two years now, and recently messed up my knee and upper back. My physiotherapist told me that I can't put a bar on my back or do any deadlift or shrug variation until he gives me the okay (but not for at least two months).

Since I can't train my legs heavy, I figured that this would be the perfect time to address my lagging bench press, and would like to do Tim Henriques's variation of CT's 8 weeks to a record bench program ( http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/8_weeks_to_super_bench ).

Based on the stats that I have provided below, will I be able to benefit from this program?

Where should I fit in back and legs work?

My Stats & Relevant Info

6'1, 192 lbs (my abs are visible but I'm not shredded by any means)
Bench: 215 lbs (has been stuck for a month or two...sticking point is 1-2'' off chest)
Squat: 315x5
Deadlift: 365x5
Clean: 190 lbs

Ideally, I'd like to increase my bench and weigh 200 lbs at the end of this program, and not develop any muscle imbalances. I currently pull more than I push, and my back is the most developed part of my body. Any input you guys could give me on this program, or another way to bring up my bench while staying proportional would be really appreciated.

Work on the sticking point. BP from pins is a good way to do that - you can start from the sticking point and focus on exploding from that point. You can also start from a few inches above the sticking point and use a higher weight than you could for the full bench.

If you can't work your back or legs for 2 months, they're going to get smaller and weaker. I wouldn't stop training your chest because of this though. Just make sure you do a lot of prehab work on the shoulders to make sure they stay injury free.

if your upper back is screwed, why do you think you can improve your bench?

thank you!