8 Weeks Progress

im 18…6’2…185lbs

I think I need to get to 205 before i cut…

damn, they really made that picture small

lifts?

squat - 285
bench - 215
overhead press - 135
deadlift - i’ve done 325x6, but it was literally 6 months ago…i dont know what my deadlift is now

also, i have to say that ive squatted 405x3 but in a widestance and the squats were a little above paralllel…so, i dont count that…i was also 250lbs when i did that…but, im certain i will get back up close to a legit 400 soon…

Oh boy an FFB, just like me. Congrats on the weight loss. Time to build some big muscle.

[quote]also, i have to say that ive squatted 405x3 but in a widestance and the squats were a little above paralllel…so, i dont count that…i was also 250lbs when i did that…but, im certain i will get back up close to a legit 400 soon…

[/quote]

Just need some clarity. You once weighed 250lbs. in your 18 years of life, and then and you lost weight to go down to 185? You have no skin stretch marks or anything? Wow…if this is what is to be understood, then congrats on the near 100 lbs. weight loss!

Yes its possible, I once weighed 262 and am currently 185 and finishing the v-diet. See my thread…April 07 I weight 260lbs.
I dont have glaring stretch marks either.
And I’m 18.

jesus u guys were huge

actually, i do have stretch marks on the lower back, but they are fading…

it took me a year to lose 70lbs…

heres a picture of me at 250…i thought i was just big and strong , but obviously i was wrong

and, heres a better picture of my quad…the original picture i posted is so small

My back needs a lot of work, but it will probably become my favorite body part to train during the next coming months…

actually my whole body needs a lot of work lol

Lucky man. I used to weight 265, dropped to 167 at my lowest, now up to about 185. Stretch marks all down my waist and inner arms and legs. Congrats mate!

[quote]psychoshonen wrote:
Lucky man. I used to weight 265, dropped to 167 at my lowest, now up to about 185. Stretch marks all down my waist and inner arms and legs. Congrats mate![/quote]

I’m with you, man. Up around 250+ dropped to 187 at my lowest, currently around 196. I have stretch marks all over my inner arms and around my waist/side. Sucks.

OP, go work. Have fun getting hyoge!

You thought you were just big and strong, but you weren’t strong?

Good job on the weight loss, I would just slow bulk and not even worry about cutting, you aren’t fat.

[quote]D Public wrote:
actually, i do have stretch marks on the lower back, but they are fading…

it took me a year to lose 70lbs…

heres a picture of me at 250…i thought i was just big and strong , but obviously i was wrong

and, heres a better picture of my quad…the original picture i posted is so small

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2386/2235412052_78649bd0c8_b.jpg[/quote]

yeah, i rationalized the fact that I weighed 250 was because I thought I had tons of muscle underneath the fat but in reality that was far from the truth

My current plan is definitely to eat clean and try to gain 20lbs of muscle to break that 200lb mark…it will take time, but i know i can do it

also, i tested my deadlift today, and i pulled 335x1 and then failed trying 365(2xBW)…hopefully i can get that soon as well…

Same thing for me. I was strong as shit, playing football and all…and being an top lineman in the county that was my excuse for being fat. Once the end of football happened and no scholarships came rollin around…all the excuses dissapeared

Congratz on the MASSIVE weightloss man! Wish you luck in ur goals.

GetSwole, how the hell did u guys lose so much!? Im struggling with my last 10 or 15lb… I cant do the V-Diet caus im still growing.

Low carb- I ate basically no carbs with the exception of non starchy vegetables and then once I was lean enough started to do a Saturday refeed. It was a dirty refeed so I think someone who did a clean one could make alot more progress. Also, you are a lot younger and smaller than I was, not a bash just meaning, if you can pack on some serious muscle the fat will start to disappear. When a person who has minimal muscle tries to “get shredded” it never really turns out. There has to be quite a big a muscle to “get cut”. I’m not slamming on you I’m saying, go low carb for a while (if u want), but not too long. Then taper up and work on building some serious muscle at your age.

Don’t spend all your teen years trying to “get ripped” b/c you’ll end up driving yourself crazy, not building appreciable muscle because of extended calorie restrictions, and ultimately never get ripped because you never got muscular in the first place.

Eat well (and clean), Lift hard, sleep, focus. If you manage to do those things throughout high school, one day your gonna wake and look in the mirror and go…“damn I look good”.

Train for performance first. Aesthetics will then follow.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
if you can pack on some serious muscle the fat will start to disappear. When a person who has minimal muscle tries to “get shredded” it never really turns out. There has to be quite a big a muscle to “get cut”.

Don’t spend all your teen years trying to “get ripped” b/c you’ll end up driving yourself crazy, not building appreciable muscle because of extended calorie restrictions, and ultimately never get ripped because you never got muscular in the first place.

Eat well (and clean), Lift hard, sleep, focus. If you manage to do those things throughout high school, one day your gonna wake and look in the mirror and go…“damn I look good”.

Train for performance first. Aesthetics will then follow.[/quote]

GS that is great advice, if more beginners followed this they would be alot less frustrated (either because they are stuck being skinny or they think they are huge when they are just fat!).

OP: Well done on losing all that fat, you look way better now and must feel much healthier too. Slowly increase your cals, eat clean and train hard and the muscle will come.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:

Train for performance first. Aesthetics will then follow.[/quote]

lol, that is so true, i just wish i knew that the first year and a half i was training. i was all trying to get the six pack cause girls liked em, but i was already so scrawny i could never really get it.

Good job on the weight loss but your hair looked better when you weighed 250