8 Weeks on TRT, What Tests Should I Take?

Thanks. I can see pros and cons to each approach.

Yes. It’s just one person’s experience, but I found that the effects of a protocol took a long time to fully manifest. So, making frequent protocol changes because the protocol “wasn’t working” was an error. Not enough time had passed to see.

This idea was even more applicable re TRT in general. The positive effects were many but happened in stages, as many have noted, and, in many cases, over many, many months, some more than a year.

I’m already Almost 10 weeks in, I think now was the good time someone told me what tests I should take at least even if I take em after 12 weeks as suggested, or I’ll have to make a new thread again after two weeks.

Just wait.

1 Like

Are you using a professional or doing TRT on your own?

Doing it on my own, can’t afford a professional or extensive lab work, that’s why asked for the absolute essentials, the bare minimum I need to get tested.

That is what I thought. Here are a few things to consider and I am basing some of this on having experience seeing guys using an underground source for testosterone.

You do not have to wait to check your levels. If I am you, I would have checked them at around six weeks. The possibility that you may not have good product is a consideration, both in purity and potency. If you are at a reasonable level then at least you know your vial has testosterone. I have never seen labs from patients using black market test that came back high, only low. Does not mean that never happens, but if potency is off, it’s likely low.

When you inject more frequently, you can get away with lower dosing to maintain the trough level. For example, these are actual levels from a patient, 200mg once a week put a guy at around 900-950 total test (250-1100) and free test at 200-220 (33-155) at trough. Those same levels are being maintained with 60mg twice weekly.

Upon starting, most feel better in two to four weeks and only improve from there. Some, while it isn’t often, report feeling very good initially only to trail off a bit, aka the honeymoon period. You report that and yes, it could be a placebo effect but doubtful. At least you know your testosterone is good (except for accurate potency, you don’t know that).

Most do not experience the honeymoon period. Why? They were not doing all that great in the natural test production from the beginning, so it is not as though they are losing a massive amount of testosterone when their natural production shuts down.

Good luck figuring this out and moving forward.