8 Weeks In

I started to work out in transforming my body about 8 weeks ago…this is my progress…please comment with suggestions… I’m a pure newb so any help is appreciated…is this good progress? I still hate having to take my shirt off…very self-conscious of my love handles…I just can’t seem to get rid of them…I’m in the middle of a bulking program now…but I’m starting to think maybe I should go back to cutting…

3 weeks

8 weeks

It might be more helpful if you gave some numbers - height, weight, lifts, etc… hard to tell from these pictures.

Don’t worry about that tiny bit of fat man. Worry about that when you have a ton of muscle and you CAN cut the fat. You don’t want to cut right now because you really don’t have any muscle that would show if you started cutting.

Bulk up.

What the guy above me said. Fight manorexia!

haha yeah well I’m doing a sixe program now, but after I finish it I was going to consider cutting again, but I think I should probably just keep going with a bulking program. My bench and squat have both made huge gains over these 8 weeks, even while cutting. I’m 6’2", 175-ish now. I was at 190 when I started, but I’ve lost a lot of inches while keeping/gaining muscle

Eat-Lift-Sleep-Repeat

You mean eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, lift, eat, eat, sleep, repeat? lol =)

Dude, either eat more or buy smaller clothes. Your boxers are barely hanging on to your ass. If you get much skinnier theyre gunna fall off and noone wants that.

You have no appreciable muscle mass. What exactly do you think you are going to “cut down” to after a few weeks of gaining weight? Bones?

[quote]freedom21 wrote:
…I’m in the middle of a bulking program now…but I’m starting to think maybe I should go back to cutting…[/quote]

Dude, it looks like you are cutting already…

Eat a lot. Lift heavy ass weights for two or three years. Then maybe think about cutting.

First off congrats on loosing some fat however you werent fat to begin with so you probably lost just as much muscle! I’m 6’ tall and 180lbs and I consider myself to be too skinny so at 6’2" and 175lbs I’d say you need to eat!!! Since you weren’t fat before you can probably get away with not eating super clean and gaining a lot of fat. What’s your diet like? Daily calorie intake?

Assuming your a wiry teenager(18yo) your BMR should be around 2000cal for a 175lb guy(based on Thib’s recent nutrition article) before an activity modifier just to not loose any more weight. So read the Nutrition for Newbies articles CT posted a few weeks ago or so to figure out what you need to do but I bet you need to eat more! Gain some muscle and those nonexistant love handles you are worried about(we call them hip bones) will disappear and you won’t see them anymore. I’m looking forward to seeing some pics of you at 200lbs!

P

Keep Lifting, Eat Big but Eat Clean, Dont Cut - Build Muscle…

All The Best.

Why Do People Type Every Word With The First Letter Capitalized?

That is hard to do and slow, why bother? It looks funny too.

just curious

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
Eat a lot. Lift heavy ass weights for two or three years. Then maybe think about cutting.
[/quote]

Good post. If you’re gonna “bulk” and “cut” every other week you won’t go anywhere, lift heavy, eat a lot of good food and maybe in two or three years, (if not more) - think about cutting.

[quote]Tmmmey wrote:
Good post. If you’re gonna “bulk” and “cut” every other week you won’t go anywhere, lift heavy, eat a lot of good food and maybe in two or three years, (if not more) - think about cutting.
[/quote]

Curious, Is it ok to cut after a few months? Lets say 3-4? or do you need to wait longer to put more size on?

[quote]PeterD wrote:
First off congrats on loosing some fat however you werent fat to begin with so you probably lost just as much muscle! I’m 6’ tall and 180lbs and I consider myself to be too skinny so at 6’2" and 175lbs I’d say you need to eat!!! Since you weren’t fat before you can probably get away with not eating super clean and gaining a lot of fat. What’s your diet like? Daily calorie intake?

Assuming your a wiry teenager(18yo) your BMR should be around 2000cal for a 175lb guy(based on Thib’s recent nutrition article) before an activity modifier just to not loose any more weight. So read the Nutrition for Newbies articles CT posted a few weeks ago or so to figure out what you need to do but I bet you need to eat more! Gain some muscle and those nonexistant love handles you are worried about(we call them hip bones) will disappear and you won’t see them anymore. I’m looking forward to seeing some pics of you at 200lbs!

P[/quote]

Thanks for the input. Right now I am following a diet plan from one of the guys on the board. I am trying to eat clean and still bulk. I just started bulking so I don’t except results for a few months, but I guess from maybe all the responses on here, I cut too much. Oh by the way, I’m 20 years old, if that matters. Anyways heres the diet plan from shadowmoses,

Breakfast:
1 cup Oats
30g Protein (Eggs, protein shake etc)
2tbsp’s Peanut butter

Mid Morning
1 Can tuna
1 Cup green beans
2 Tbsps Olive oil

Lunch
1 Mid Size Sweet Potato
30g Protein
15 Almonds
Salad with oil and vinegar

Mid Afternoon
1 Scoop Protein Powder
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese (1% fat)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Dinner
30g Protein
Loads of Veg
1-2 Pieces of fruit
2 Tbsp Olive oil

Pre-bed (45 mins before sleep)
1 Scoop Protein Powder
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese (1% fat)
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter

if anyone has any suggestions for a good bulking plan to follow im all ears…