8 Scoops of Protein a Day

You would have to consult said medical professionals to find out.

1 Like

Thatā€™s going to be 168 g. of protein, so how ever many grams/lb. bodyweight.

If youā€™re just eating like usual and adding that then itā€™s not unheard of or exceptional in any real way.

Maybe a little spendy and gassy for some peopleā€™s preference, but it shouldnā€™t kill you.

To explain in a bit more detail, after the covid crisis, me and my brother decided thereā€™s no reason to be renting and paying those money to a third party, so weā€™ll decided to ā€œrentā€ back at our parents home.Although this includes food, I know many days meals will be stuff like greens lunch and pasta for dinner

What Iā€™m trying to figure out is basically trying to work around it in a convinient way

Not really, it comes down to around 30 cents per scoop

1 Like

Why not buy some canned or easy to prepare stuff for when no meat is on the menu? Eggs, tuna, ground beef, etc.

1 Like

to add to these meals shakes are a good option but would also add cottage cheese / ā€œquarkā€
(diary product. whatever that is in english) / eggs instead of only shakes. but yes no major issue with it.

1 Like

Itā€™s just under Ā£90 for 5kg of unflavoured whey on most of the websites I check

Was half that about 8 years ago.

Fuck that :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I buy mine on a site that rhymes with protein, their own whey, I get it at 50ā‚¬ for 5 kgs at the most (they always have sales) and it does the job just fine. Not the best, not the worst I had, buy this is really cheap.

2 Likes

Hook me up with some of that whey bro

2 Likes

I think itā€™s very easy to findā€¦ my protein :wink:

That is some serious invitation to upset your gut !!
I feel consuming protein from just ā€œwheyā€ may not provide your body with other variety of protein sources!
but why would you take so many shakes, 3-5 scoops are just fine!

I think 2 scoops of protein a day are enough. I take one in the morning and other after workout and to increase the protein intake, I prefer having fish, meat, nuts etc.

I havenā€™t tried any protein supplements yet, I usually take eggs and milk for protein intake.

Remember this guy @ChongLordUno ? I think you burried him recently

2 Likes

Mate this was just driving by me when I read your post

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand how people manage to get their protein intake without shakes.

I have two a day, each with 2 scoops, so a total of 80g of protein a day. Now I down those shakes while at work at 10 and at 3. I donā€™t have time to sit and eat 2 chicken breasts at 10 and 2 at 3.

How do people have time at work to eat those extra protein intakes during a working day.

My protein sources are 4 eggs in the morning. A wrap with a bunch of chicken during lunch plus Greek yoghurt and a sizeable piece of meat with dinner.

Iā€™ve measured this plus the incidental protein from the other food for 3 or 4 days every 6 or so months and it comes in between 120 and 140g protein. Iā€™m happy with that. On training days I have a scoop of whey mixed in milk which is about another 40g ontop of that.

3 Likes

Yeah I normally have around 250g of protein a day so quite a bit more than that.

I already have eggs, egg whites and milk in the morning, 2 chicken breast at lunch and double meat in the evening as well.

Then 2 shakes on top of that but Iā€™d love to switch those out for real food but eating at work and something quick and easy is not easy.

I eat a lot of meat, eggs, egg whites, nuts and nut butters, along with cottage cheese and Greek yogurt

Maraudermeat (SP?) I believe used to do 4 or 5 scoops in a shake 2 or 3 times a day and he was one of the strongest guys to ever post on this site.

1 Like