8 Month Dexa Progress: Lost 70lbs

I got a Dexa scan today (my first since December of 2012) and it says I have lost 70lbs of fat but only 2lbs of LBM. I’ve read that we typically lose about 1/5 of a lb of LBM for every pound of fat. Since I lost a lot less than that, is it possible that I actually put on some muscle? If the 1/5 number is right, I should have lost 14lbs of LBM which would mean I had to have gained 12lbs of muscle.

What do you think?

Thanks for any replies!

[quote]IIFYC wrote:
I got a Dexa scan today (my first since December of 2012) and it says I have lost 70lbs of fat but only 2lbs of LBM. I’ve read that we typically lose about 1/5 of a lb of LBM for every pound of fat. Since I lost a lot less than that, is it possible that I actually put on some muscle? If the 1/5 number is right, I should have lost 14lbs of LBM which would mean I had to have gained 12lbs of muscle.

What do you think?

Thanks for any replies![/quote]

Dude, it means that you lost 70 pounds of fat and 2 pounds of lean mass, which is as good as it gets. What was and what is your weight now?

Yeah, I couldn’t believe it. 253 in December and 185 today.

I started out at 350+ in April of 2012.

I’ve been on Starting Strength since June of 2012 and I went through my CNS adaptation period, but my lifts have gone down a lot in the last few months.