8 Minute Abs?

hey guys. For the last 6 month i have been doing an 8 minute ab routine i grabbed off this old school Youtube video:

So far i have seen great result, i follow a 2 day on, 1 day off schedule. I was wondering if i should be doing any other ab exercises other then the ones in the video, or if anyone has another good video to grab some ideas from.

I hope this video is actually a pretty tough ab workout, which some of you may adopt into your routine.

Thanks;
Matt

From my experience abdominal strength increases very rapidly, and while these exercise done non-stop for 8minutes probably produces a pretty strong midsection (for doing these types of exercises) you should be working on improving the quality of each rep, those people in the video are going through everything way too quickly.

I’ve noticed that as my abs get stronger I am able to fatigue them in fewer reps, not more reps. If you can do 8minutes straight of something it is probably time to make it hard enough to at least challenge you in the 20 rep range…

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
From my experience abdominal strength increases very rapidly, and while these exercise done non-stop for 8minutes probably produces a pretty strong midsection (for doing these types of exercises) you should be working on improving the quality of each rep, those people in the video are going through everything way too quickly.

I’ve noticed that as my abs get stronger I am able to fatigue them in fewer reps, not more reps. If you can do 8minutes straight of something it is probably time to make it hard enough to at least challenge you in the 20 rep range…[/quote]

heavy, low-medium rep abs FTW

well for starters instead of doing a lying flat crunch try a weighted incline crunch then progress to variations of incline weighted situps and weighted leg raises

Thanks everyone, a lot of responses in such a short time. I’m definatly gona try some of your suggestions.
Matt

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7… Minute… Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you’re going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin’ there, there’s 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted: I would go for the 7.

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.

Ted: You guarantee it? That’s - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker: If you’re not happy with the first 7 minutes, we’re gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That’s it. That’s our motto. That;s where we’re comin’ from. That’s from “A” to “B”.

Ted: That’s right. That’s - that’s good. That’s good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you’re in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody’s comin’ up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won’t even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7’s the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that’s the number.

7 chipmunks twirlin’ on a branch, eatin’ lots of sunflowers on my uncle’s ranch. You know that old children’s tale from the sea. It’s like you’re dreamin’ about Gorgonzola cheese when it’s clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted: Why?

Hitchhiker: ‘Cause you’re fuckin’ fired!

Haha dude I love when he offers up the 6 minute abs and the hitchhiker twitches when he says “No not six…seven…” haha funny shit bro

I couldn’t resist! This was so perfect for that scene in “There’s Something About Mary.” That was so freakin’ funny when he started twitching and going all crazy. LOL!

check out AB Ripper X by P90X… its been good to me :wink:

8 minutes of basically doing the same idiotic crunch. what a waste of time.