780 Reasons You Should Know Cocoa Espresso

yay, another log :slight_smile:
well done on the bench. sounds like you have a wonderful gym.

yeah nikki!! great work! i love that training has become so much for you too!

blush Thanks everyone.

Aqua, you clever boy you :wink:

Gee Kalle if thatā€™s not motivation to get a PR, I donā€™t know what is.

Ha alexus, ā€œwonderful gymā€ my ass. Luckily there are some who like me, so it overshadows the ones that are threatened by me.

Trained lower body today.

Warmed up with a 45 pound plate complex (thank you Timmy):

Row
Swing
OH squat
Reverse lunge with twist, left and right

Did that 8 reps each exercise, 4 times

Box Squat (well, box squat using a bench)
185 x 15
225 x 12
275 x 10 x 2
315 x 7 x 2

Not sure if PRs. I never really tried to do above 155 I believe, but theyā€™re still nifty, no? :stuck_out_tongue:

Leg Extension
70 x 12 x 3
After the squats, even THAT baby weight burned. Quads= dead

Prone leg curl
This is my only hamstring work today because theyā€™re still a tad sore from the pull-throughs the other day
70 x 15
90 x 8
85 x 8

Elevated Bulgarian Split Squat
30s x 12 x 3

Some ab work, plate sidebends superset with cable crunches

Pushed 2 45 pound plates across the floor a lot of times. The new article reminded me of these babies.
Did 10 minutes on treadmill at incline from 18-30.

Oh, calf work was done too, between sets, about 10 sets though.

Although technically it was a good day, a lot less volume than Iā€™m used to. Iā€™d almost feel like I didnā€™t do anything if it werenā€™t for the soreness kicking in already. Eh.

Hi Nikki.

just wanted to say Hi.

soā€¦Hi.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

Box Squat (well, box squat using a bench)
185 x 15
225 x 12
275 x 10 x 2
315 x 7 x 2

[/quote]

OK, so WTF does this mean? You on the roidz little lady?

HUGE squats!! WTG!!

Wowsers bowsers!!! Thatā€™s quite some box, well bench, squatting youā€™ve done.

I imagine thats the first time youā€™ve had 315 on your back, how did it feel? Sounds like some good overload training. Oh and I lied about not checking.

Iā€™m going to guess this was partial ROM (given that youā€™re 7 inches shorter than me and a box is above parallel for me). Thatā€™s still a scary amount to have on your back!

Thatā€™s some ballsy squatting. love it.

Git, I used to get that roidz comment all the time haha
If I was, no competition for me in May, since itā€™s OCB.
Guess weā€™ll have to wait and see the results :stuck_out_tongue:

Kalle, yep it was the first time I EVER had that weight on my back. I never had more than 4 plates, so 6 is a pretty big deal :smiley:
I probably shrunk an inch though, that shit is so heavy. My back was screwed.
Oh and Iā€™m happy you lied, Iā€™ll be super lonely.

Thanks for the comments, Iā€™ll have to get a vid whenever I find a damn battery for the camera.

Today was just a shit day. I mean, it started well and I could have done worse, but I took off my iPod somewhere around the middle of the workout and I should know better than to listen to nothing but my thoughts sometimes.

Back and Shoulders

Deadlifts
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 1
245 x 1 (+15 PR)
255 x Fail
250 x 1 (+20 PR)

So, at least DLs were good. My previous best was 230, so I was stoked.

Assisted Wide Grip Pull-ups
Doesnā€™t matter

Lat Pulldowns
35 x 12 x 2
40 x 10 x 2
Yepā€¦ used the other pulldown, so I lost 60 pounds of weight here :stuck_out_tongue:

Cable Barbell Row
I swear sometimes I wish I was taller so I didnā€™t have to stand on a damn bench just to get some ROM
35# x 10
50# x 11
65# x 9
Did some other sets that I didnā€™t write down. I was too busy looking at some army guys get yelled at for dropping 225# when DLing.

DB Rows
40 x 12
50 x 10
They bored me, I really wanted to do the HS machine but it was taken at every chance.

Seated Military Press
Bar x 3
75 x 3
95 x 2
Shoulders were ache-y so the presses were shit. Moved on to DB Presses for whatever reason

DB OH Press
30s x 12
40s x 5 PR at least
35s x 5

Did laterals, even though I didnā€™t want to because depression was becoming unbearable at that point.
So I was done.

Iā€™d be interested in seeing those skwats

Looks like you put in some good work despite having a less than stellar day :slight_smile:

Wow, Nikki, youā€™ve got really strong all of a sudden. That was a workout Iā€™d be thrilled about.

depression? U ok?

[quote]Bobbi Miller wrote:
Iā€™d be interested in seeing those skwats[/quote]

Iā€™d be also, you just decided to throw another 90 lbs on there?

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
depression? U ok?[/quote]

X2ā€¦Nikki, listen to your body and (as ghey as it sounds) spirit right now! Sounds like you are maybe in a tough spotā€¦dont injure yourself trying to ā€˜relieveā€™ yourself!!

You said your back ā€˜was screwedā€™ with that weight on itā€¦be carefulā€¦add your plates slowly so your body can adjust!..

And on a lighter noteā€¦ taking it from a strength progression point of viewā€¦if you start to high you will stallā€¦dont wanna do that with all of your awesome herc power!!

I love your DLs.

[quote]Bobbi Miller wrote:
Iā€™d be interested in seeing those skwats[/quote]

OK

[quote]AquaCruzer wrote:

Looks like you put in some good work despite having a less than stellar day :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Thank you kindly

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:

Wow, Nikki, youā€™ve got really strong all of a sudden. That was a workout Iā€™d be thrilled about.
[/quote]

The workout was fine, mentality not so much

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
depression? U ok?
[/quote]

Iā€™ll be fine, thanks :slight_smile:

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

Iā€™d be also, you just decided to throw another 90 lbs on there?
[/quote]

Apparently.

[quote]coyotegal wrote:

X2ā€¦Nikki, listen to your body and (as ghey as it sounds) spirit right now! Sounds like you are maybe in a tough spotā€¦dont injure yourself trying to ā€˜relieveā€™ yourself!!

You said your back ā€˜was screwedā€™ with that weight on itā€¦be carefulā€¦add your plates slowly so your body can adjust!..

And on a lighter noteā€¦ taking it from a strength progression point of viewā€¦if you start to high you will stallā€¦dont wanna do that with all of your awesome herc power!!
[/quote]

I always start at 50% of my max.

[quote]Nadia Comeandeat wrote:
I love your DLs.
[/quote]

Thanks. I love your pull-ups, HLRsā€¦ anything actually.

Iā€™ve been neglecting to log my eats.
When I was sick, eats were clean, just sparse.
Uhm, yesterday felt kinda proud when I turned down my usual pizza-and-zeppoli cheat meal. I got a salad instead. Eh. And the pizzeria guy thought he can make my day and give me an order of free zeppoli anyway. Which I didnā€™t eat.

Eats today:
Oatmeal with 1/2 scoop PP, 1/2 cup milk, 1 TBSP jam
1 cup brown rice, 1 cup lettuce, 1 boiled reduced fat frank, 3 HB eggs with one yolk
PP shake
1 protein pancake, s/s syrup, 1 egg, 1/4 cup Eggbeaters
Went to Chiliā€™s and got some Guiltless Grill sandwich, chicken on wheat bun with steamed veggies

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

The workout was fine, mentality not so much

[/quote]

I get like this all the time. It happens when you are really pushing it. A 20lb Deadlift PR is awesome.