75/85 Questions

Jim, just a few questions on the 75/85 Volume template:

1-What would a deload week look like on this program?

2-When would you increase your TM?

3-What assistance work do you recommend for this program?

The Beyond 5/3/1 book is awesome and all you give back to the lifters is greatly appreciated.

This is after a reset ONLY. This is 5 cycles.

Cycle 1-2:

Monday - squat/bench - 75/5x5
Tuesday - dead/press - same
Thursday - squat/bench - same
Friday - dead/press

Assistance = 50-100 reps in each of the three categories (already listed in this forum)

Cycle 3-4

Monday - squat/bench - 85/5x5
Tuesday - Dead/press - 75/5x5
Thursday - squat/bench -75/5x5
Friday - dead/press - 85/5x5

Assistance (same as 1-2)

Cycle 5

Monday - squat/bench - 95/5x3
Tuesday - Dead/press - 75/5x5
Thursday - squat/bench -75/5x5
Friday - dead/press - 95/5x3

Assistance - total reps done per category can be 0-50

TM is increased after each cycle (3 weeks).

Deload can be whatever you want: just repeat cycle 1 and cut out all assistance and hard conditioning or do the 7th week protocol - already listed in this forum (or any of the dozen or so options that have worked for you in past). Increase the 5/3/1 recovery protocol to 7 days/week on deload week.

Awesome stuff Jim, thank you!

Jim

Why is this recommended for advanced guys only? Im Weak with 1.5bw squat, 2x bw dead, but have lifted many years.

I would like to try it as im busy with very young kids , work etc and it sounds great to just simply hit the main lifts at a % that wont wipe me out but still increase strength. Also, Moving a weight fast and with great form, and leaving the weightroom feeling good and not beat up with 5x10 BBB or big high vol work … This seems what i need…

Can an intermediate successfully follow this plan in your opinion?

Go ahead and try it - it’s all explained in the book.

Thanks for the heads up Jim, it means a lot.

I think i will enjoy training and it will mean much more - something about the template that speaks to me and makes sense.

Appreciate such a rapid response.

Aaron.