720 Degree DUNK!

I’d say it was a 560 degree dunk, but still very impressive.

And no, I can’t even dunk at 0 degrees. :-p

White boy can dunk!

[quote]Miserere wrote:
I’d say it was a 560 degree dunk, but still very impressive.

And no, I can’t even dunk at 0 degrees. :-p[/quote]

Agreed. It was impressive, but it wasn’t a true 720. He started a little cocked to the left and came through on a reverse dunk. 720 would have meant going 2x and dunking straight on.

I can dunk at 0 G’s.

DB

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

1. He was turned all the way around before he even left the ground. The second revolution was in the air. I’ll credit him for 360. It was a nice dunk. I hate basketball.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
I can dunk at 0 G’s.

DB[/quote]

I can dunk on the Moon.

No 360 dunks start off face forward. Everyone is like 1/2 turn by the time they jump. You cant spin in the frigging air! If all of the other bball players are going nutso I think it qualifies as a 720.

His feet are facing the same way when he takes off and when he lands, that is the only relevant factor to what degree of rotation he achieved, as far as records go. What the torso does is irrelevant.

Nice.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
No 360 dunks start off face forward. Everyone is like 1/2 turn by the time they jump. You cant spin in the frigging air! If all of the other bball players are going nutso I think it qualifies as a 720.[/quote]

Thank you for having a 3-digit IQ.

Watch it in slow-mo. He does his first full rotation on the ground. It gives the impression of 2 full rotations in the air, but it’s really only one. Give him props for supreme athletic ability and a pure 360.

Maybe not quite a true 720, but very impressive regargless. I saw it just the other day on And1.

When is Prof. going to get his skinny ass on this site so he can learn how to gain some muscle?! Dude is badass, but has no muscle!

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Watch it in slow-mo. He does his first full rotation on the ground. It gives the impression of 2 full rotations in the air, but it’s really only one. Give him props for supreme athletic ability and a pure 360. [/quote]

No. Watch his feet. He completes 2 full rotations. He definitely does a 720, in air. The ‘first full rotation’ you’re referring to is irrelevant, and it’s not even a full rotation, it’s more of a 180? twist to set himself up for the 720. His Feet are facing the same way when he props as they are when he lands, in between his body spins around twice. That’s a 720.

The debate would be whether it can be truly called a 720 dunk since he drops the ball before the 720 is complete. I’m sure some people have their stipulations for what is and isn’t a real 720 dunk. The whole movement he made was a 720 spin and he attached a dunk to it. It’s still very impressive.