72 YO Marine Kicks Pickpocket's Ass

Thought y’all might enjoy this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_fe_st/odd_pickpocket_pummeled

reminds me of my own granddad, god rest his soul. At the ripe old age of 81, with a bad back and bad knees, he attacked, pummeled, and chased off a burglar who’d broken into his house in the middle of the night. Then he went back to bed and didn’t tell us the story for a couple days. Didn’t seem to think it was a big deal. Tough old bastard he was.

LOL!!
“He immediately grabbed the person’s wrist with his left hand and started throwing punches with his right, landing six or seven blows before a store manager intervened.”

“‘There was blood everywhere,’ said another manager on duty,…”

:slight_smile:

I could read that kind of stuff all day! Great story.

Old people are cool. I think this is the thing thats tipping me infavor of going into the Marines rather than the Navy.

Very cool. Sometimes the world is a just place.

Don’t fool yourselves.

The pickpocket was yet another victim of roid rage.

That’s awesome! If the theif somehow tries to sue that guy, I’m going to be seriously pissed off.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Don’t fool yourselves.

The pickpocket was yet another victim of roid rage. [/quote]

I see this from a different angle. Theres no way a man that old could do all of that without help from the juice. Hes obviously an avid steriod user.

[quote]yanksta wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Don’t fool yourselves.

I see this from a different angle. Theres no way a man that old could do all of that without help from the juice. Hes obviously an avid steriod user.[/quote]

Nah, not him. The article says he’s afraid to go home to his wife without his $300. She’s the one on steroids.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
Thought y’all might enjoy this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_fe_st/odd_pickpocket_pummeled

reminds me of my own granddad, god rest his soul. At the ripe old age of 81, with a bad back and bad knees, he attacked, pummeled, and chased off a burglar who’d broken into his house in the middle of the night. Then he went back to bed and didn’t tell us the story for a couple days. Didn’t seem to think it was a big deal. Tough old bastard he was.[/quote]

For one reason or another, stories of elderly people beating/maiming/shooting would-be criminals never get old. This was on both digg and fark today–good stuff.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Don’t fool yourselves.

The pickpocket was yet another victim of roid rage. [/quote]

I wouldn’t doubt it. I heard this story on FOX news about a wrestler who recently roid-raged on his wife and kid!

Them steroids are bad news!

I also heard from a friend of a friend that he once saw a guy in a gym go off and beat up his best friend, not knowing what he was doing because he was all juiced up on the roids.

Oh, and so it’s not a complete hijack, great story, BUT, what do you think would have happened if the ages were reversed?

Old man picks the pocked of a 27 year old and gets beat up…27 year old in jail for assault and battery, going beyond self defense.

[quote]yanksta wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Don’t fool yourselves.

I see this from a different angle. Theres no way a man that old could do all of that without help from the juice. Hes obviously an avid steriod user.[/quote]

Atleast he’s functional.

-dizzle

i bet that old man drives real fast for his age too.

f

[quote]SWR wrote:

Oh, and so it’s not a complete hijack, great story, BUT, what do you think would have happened if the ages were reversed?

Old man picks the pocked of a 27 year old and gets beat up…27 year old in jail for assault and battery, going beyond self defense. [/quote]

Honestly, if the law makes concessions for an old man beating the shit out of a misguided 27 year old, I think it is, by far, the least of the law’s problems.

[quote]SWR wrote:

Old man picks the pocked of a 27 year old and gets beat up…27 year old in jail for assault and battery, going beyond self defense. [/quote]

Good point. Ideally, there should not be age(or gender) discrimination. I’m an equal opportunity kind of gal. I have the right to defend myself against personal theft or attack from anyone. It’s a clear cut case of them or me, and it sure as hell ain’t gonna be me.

I never get enough of these old-guy beats young-punk stories. But so far, all I’ve seen here are old men. Surely there are some tough old broads out there?

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
I never get enough of these old-guy beats young-punk stories. But so far, all I’ve seen here are old men. Surely there are some tough old broads out there? [/quote]

I just Googled “old woman and burglar”, and got plenty. This one from the UK is pretty funny. She KO’s him with a garden gnome.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
dragonmamma wrote:
I never get enough of these old-guy beats young-punk stories. But so far, all I’ve seen here are old men. Surely there are some tough old broads out there?

I just Googled “old woman and burglar”, and got plenty. This one from the UK is pretty funny. She KO’s him with a garden gnome.

[/quote]
Why didn’t I think of that?

Good one. Now I know that garden gnomes are functional as well as decorative.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
dragonmamma wrote:

[/quote]

That was very funny. I particularly enjoyed this line: “I politely told the man not to move then threw it at him and hit him. He lay down for quite a while and didn’t move.”

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
SWR wrote:

Old man picks the pocked of a 27 year old and gets beat up…27 year old in jail for assault and battery, going beyond self defense.

Honestly, if the law makes concessions for an old man beating the shit out of a misguided 27 year old, I think it is, by far, the least of the law’s problems.[/quote]

I agree. I have nothing against what the old guy did. I would have a problem if the same fate came to any other pick-pocketer, and the guy defending himself got in trouble for it.

Basically I agree with yomamma that there shouldn’t be age discrimination, and I also believe that self-defense laws should be more lenient like they were for that old guy. I’m just assuming if it were switched, the 27 year old would be in trouble for beating on the old pick-pocketer.

I guess that could raise the question about how far is too far. What if the old guy broke the 27 year old’s arm? What if he wouldn’t stop beating on him, and ended up caving his head in? What if he killed him?

Personally, I don’t think he went too far, but now that I think about the question of “how far is too far”, I don’t really know how to answer it.